Friday, October 15

Oh lovely, it's Friday


I'm a bit out of regular routine today - but ironically in my house we're all back in routine and it's wonderful.   I'm have a bit of a sewing frenzy at the moment, which is great because after making 19 possum tails last month with fluffy fur that covered my whole house and the innards of my sewing machine I feared the machine would never forgive me.

Corrie has inspired me a lot - I'm sewing more and she's baking more (well not right now as she's in hospital with her newest bubba) and I think I'm going to make the girls some dresses this summer based on her pattern.. can't wait, spotlight look out!

First things first though. I'm making the girls some Christmas stockings.  I don't generally do the traditional green, red and gold christmas here and hence our stockings (one made by my sister and two bought from $2 shops) don't really 'go'.  Yes, I'm anal.  You knew that right?

This is the Christmas colour scheme at our house



So after saying I was going to do it for about 3 years now I'm finally making them!  I bought some great fabrics and bits and bobs and am even giving applique a go!  (I hope I don't sew my fingers together).

Cute huh?

I have some other projects planned too.  Do you get crafty at Christmas?  Do you have a colour scheme for Christmas?
Print this post in friendly format

5 lovely comments:

Jean said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Nice colours, mine are red and gold.

I am planning on doing some sewing for christmas. I want to make a santa sack for my daughter , hopefully with applique. Haven done that before. I also want to make one of those flag/banner things to hang up across the doorways. Maybe even make a nice red damask table cloth and serviettes if I get my finger out. Look forward to seeing what you do!

Sophie on October 15, 2010 at 3:31 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

can't wait to see the final results! I made one for myself about three years ago and never quite got around to finishing hubbies or making two for our girls. You might have given me the kick up the butt I need!

Cate on October 15, 2010 at 3:51 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Gosh you are good - I cannot even think about Christmas yet - have 2 birthdays to get out of the way first!!!

Besides I have a saying in this house - "I cook, I don't sew". Every time I try to sew the sewing machine revolts against me, and I end up cursing and swearing for far longer than it should have taken to do the actual project.

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I love those colours, I had the same blue, silver and red fabric as you last year and it was beautiful! I am thinking of getting organised early this year as well! Enjoy!

Mishelle on October 15, 2010 at 11:33 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I don't have a colour scheme at all. I like the all mis-matching, tree way over loaded with decorations, tinsel on the floor even though you've picked it up a hundred million times, Christmas cards taped on the kitchen cupboards and a painted Christmas tree on my dining-room window kinda house.

It drives a friend insane as her house is very matching and proper. I go crazy silly with the season she goes kinda Martha'ish.

M


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015