Tuesday, October 12

You're growing up: Eloise


Oh how much you have grown this year.  Not only physically (can't believe we've gone up a size in school uniforms already) but developmentally.  School has done a lot for you my darling, I knew it would.

You love school.  You love learning.  You love your teacher and your friends and you're a fantastic community builder at school.  You play with different people nearly every day and it constantly amazes me how you could know almost every person at your school - when we walk in you wave to every one, 'Hi Josh, hi Isabelle, hi Jordan'... like you've been at school for years.

You are still an avid reader, you have moved right past your grade in terms of reading ability and have to read year 1 and 2 readers to keep you learning.    You astound me with your mathematic abilities - multiplication already!  Slow down .. you're scaring me!! hehe.

School has settled you down in many ways but it's also made you a little more headstrong too. It's given you confidence to challenge every.little.thing.we.say and also because you have gained so much academic praise you can be a little bit of a know-it-all at times.... but it's fleeting so I suppose we'll let it slide... kind of.

You lost your first tooth a few weeks ago and that was a super-dooper-huge deal.  You have been BUSTING to lose that tooth as you are one of the eldest and one of the last in your class.  You look adorable with that little gap.  It's just that little bit closer to grown up which you're dying to be.

We finally have ditched the night nappies too which means sleepovers.  A deal is a deal.  I did say you could have a friend to sleep over once we hit that milestone and you've done it.  Go you!! I'm so proud!   (an aside: as if I wasn't sleep deprived already... oh well!)

You're riding on your bike on two wheels all the time now and you look so grown up on your bike.  You really ARE growing up, before my eyes.  You are no longer that little girl I took to school for her first day only 9 short months ago.  You are gappy, two-wheeling, nappy-free smarty pants!

I love you so much Eloise, I look at you and can still see that wee bubba in your face so as I tell you all the time - although you may grow up, you will always be my baby.  Always.
Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on October 12, 2010 at 4:25 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

She's such a sweet and lovely girl! And with spirit too :)

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

She is gorgeous!

You are handling it (growing up) so much better than I! I feel like I have to drag myself through it but by bloody bit as I just want them to stay small and I know I have to let them grow up and be the people they need to become.

Ohhh sleepovers... yeah. Just make friends with the god of caffiene... it's a lovely friend.

M

Katy on October 13, 2010 at 8:30 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

A beautiful post!!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015