Monday, October 11

Happy Monday everyone!


How was your weekend?  Get up to much?

Like the gate on our opera house? Isn't it cute?  I've only been nagging suggesting to hubby we do this for the past year - I love it!  It cost $5 from the local salvage yard and the posts/hinges cost another $7.  $12 for a cute gate like this is a bargain I think!

I've taken a few photos of bits and pieces of the garden this weekend - I love this time of year in our garden, everything is bursting to greet you!  Such wonderful smells too.
The jasmine is budding like there's no tomorrow.  I look out on this when I wash up, and it makes it a pleasure!
Can't wait until it blooms!

We spent our weekend at home - hubby had a little knee operation on Friday so we couldn't really stray far.. It was a lovely change as the school holidays have been quite hectic for me especially and my house and housekeeping has gone to the dogs and lets face it, when you're not home much and there's three kids constantly messing up what you've just cleaned it is a little soul destroying!

Our Jacaranda tree at sunset, pretty right?
So yes, I've cleaned windows, I've baked, I've washed the couch covers and curtains in our loungeroom, I've decimated most of the washing baskets.  I'm feeling like this week is my week to catch up.   Hubby is home for another couple of days recuperating so even though he's slow on his feet he can help supervise whilst I get things done!

Coriander, how I love thee!  Pretty and delicious!
I've got no recipe for you today, but I'm sure you'll forgive me... right?  I'm planning on doing some baking today so standby, something will be up for you tomorrow.
Lemon Thyme - smells as good as it looks!

Whilst I'm at it, what would you like to see?  I've had a request from the Frills in the Hills Facebook page for vegetable side-dishes - so I'll be working on that - any other requests?

Oh, by the way, if you're not a liker on Frills Facebook yet, join in !  If you are start suggesting because we're less than 50 likers off 500 and I'll be giving away 3 lovely Christmas kitchen somethings when we reach 500!
Potato vine in bloom - three years I've been waiting for this to cascade over the deck balustrade - and finally it has complied.
Love it! 
Lastly, I'll remind you about the Super Food Ideas subscription competition - don't forget to take a photo of any of the Frills recipes you use, follow these instructions and you'll be in the running to win a SuperFood Ideas subscription!
Print this post in friendly format

8 lovely comments:

Christie on October 11, 2010 at 8:06 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Thank you for sharing your garden with me today, just what I needed to look at! (I'll ignore the barren backyard that is our rental property) Looking forward to seeing your Jasmine in bloom.
I hope Hubby repairs quickly and you get everything and more achieved this week!

Megs on October 11, 2010 at 8:06 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I'd love some more vegetarian main recipes. We try to eat meat free 2 nights a week but I'm finding inspiration is waning and pasta is on the menu way too much!

Sophie on October 11, 2010 at 8:57 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I agree.....vegetable side dishes are my weak point! Please share!
Sophie
http://reddustlove.blogspot.com

Katy on October 11, 2010 at 11:23 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I hope hubby recovers quickly.
Garden is looking just lovely!! Look forward to seeing some pictures of your crops.
My suggestions are red curry chicken and pad thai - I can't make an authentic thai-takeaway-tasting version, and I'm desperate before I use all our savings on Thai takeaway!!!
I would also love some healthy one-pot meals for the warmer weather that the kids will eat!

Photography on October 11, 2010 at 6:25 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Your garden looks lovely - I love Jasmine and the thyme looks delightful. The gate is so cute! and even better for a bargain cost! We joined in point and shoot too :-)

Sally said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oooh I'm so envious of your lovely garden!
I'd also love some more vegetarian recipes, and meals that you'd recommend for fussy toddlers.
Good luck with your catch up week :)

SadieandLance on October 11, 2010 at 10:29 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh I LOVE your little gate! We're renting otherwise I would fence my patch so I could have a gate like that! But my nectarine tree is just starting to show teeny little fruits, and my radish, dill, pea and rocket seeds have just popped up and I found an asparagus patch up the back this week so I'm pretty happy!

Hope hubby's knee is better soon.

Jane Wightman on October 13, 2010 at 1:07 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

In the last few days, with extra rain & warmth from Spring, my coriander bolted! Beautiful, delicate flowers & I thought (stupidly) why we never use the flowers as we do other edible flowers? Took a tiny bite of one of the pretty white blooms - and nearly choked! I know half the population have a genetically based hate of coriander (because it supposedly tastes like soap) which I've never experienced... until... I ate that flower. Took hours to get the taste out of my mouth & nostrils! Be warned! Don't let the Frills ever try the flowers! Promptly got the secateurs & trimmed the whole patch!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015