Sunday, October 17

Sunday baking project - Vanilla raspberry cake with custard




If you're living on the east coast of Australia, yesterday was probably a rude shock.  I think I spoke to soon when I said we were edging on summer because yesterday felt like winter!  I had the heater up full crank last night and found myself craving something warm and yummy.

So I made this.  The cake is nice enough on it's own but it's spectacular warmed with custard.  Oh lordy me. Spectacular.

I whipped it up in about 10 minutes before dinner and then made some custard after dinner and it was ding-ding-ding.. ready - dessert!


Ingredients:
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups caster sugar
1 tb vanilla extract
1 cup pear juice
1 cup canola oil
3.5 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
250 raspberries (fresh or frozen)


Method:
Preheat oven to 180 degrees c

Mix your eggs and caster sugar together for about 2 minutes, until it starts to go pale.  Add vanilla extract and canola oil and mix for a further minute.

Add flour and baking powder and mix until the mixture runs off the beaters in a ribbon like formation (see picture)

Take bowl off mixer and gently fold through your raspberries.

Pour into greased baking tin (I used a 22cm springform tin from Ikea)

Bake for 50 minutes.




Print this post in friendly format

1 lovely comments:

Jade @ Earth to Jade on October 17, 2010 at 8:26 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Ooh! That looks yummy yummy! I'm in dire need of some nice warming deserts so I'll be saving this one for sure!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015