Tuesday, October 12

Lunchbox Legends: Peach, oat and coconut muffins


How much did I get done yesterday with just one less child at home for most of the day?  A LOT.  It's amazing how one child can make such a difference to your psyche.   Actually I'm not sure how much of it was Eloise being at school and how much was it being back in a routine.. probably a little from column A, and a little from column B..

Anyways....  I got to play yesterday.  With my newest most fun appliance!  The lovely people at Braun sent it to me last week with a little shopping basked full of goodies.  It was like Christmas had come early!

It's a cordless stick blender and mini food processor.  I'm LOVING it.   As we all know my food processor is on it's last legs and I only wish I had it last week when I made homemade nutella.   I have been busy though - it's lovely and powerful and for me, cordless is fabulous because my island bench where I do most of my cooking has no power on it.  (Annoying!)

Anyhow.  I'm told they're going to be available from 1st November and will retail at $249.  Thanks again Braun, I love it!! 

OK, onto lunchbox legends this week...   I wanted to make something summery and even though peaches aren't in season yet, I still indulge in tinned peaches.  (This year I'm going to preserve them, promise)  So this is a great recipe you can make from pantry ingredients!  The peaches add the sweetness and the coconut and oat make it filling - but all in all it's lovely and light.

Ingredients
2 cups self raising flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup shredded coconut
3/4 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 cup canola oil
10 tinned peach halves, drained (reserve liquid)

Method:
Preheat oven to 190 degrees c

In a bowl, mix flour, coconut, oats and brown sugar together

Mix it round, and create a well in the centre.  Add milk, egg and oil and mix until all well combined.
 

Chop your peaches up, or quickly process them - this literally took 5 seconds!



Add peaches to your mix.  Mix through and if the mixture seems a little dry, add a little peach nectar/syrup and mix until you get a cake-mix type consistency.


Place in cake papers/muffin papers about 3/4 full (this made 18 cupcake sized muffins for me)
 

Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown on top.

Store in airtight container for 3-4 days.  Or freeze for up to 2 months.

And look how easy it is to clean!!  Put the foot back on the processor, hang it on the recharge stand, and pull the processing bits apart, clean and drain - no fiddly bits that get things caught in them! Love!

Print this post in friendly format

4 lovely comments:

Wendy on October 12, 2010 at 6:28 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I love my braun...especially for little jobs when it's just not worth it to pull out the big guns. Also unbeatable for soups...

Froggirl said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Hey I have tins of diced peaches. How much should I use? Thanks love using your recipes

Liss on October 12, 2010 at 7:35 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I would use about 3/4 of a cup, drained. :)

Cate on October 12, 2010 at 7:44 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Lucky you - one less!! I was eagerly anticipating yesterday to get them all off to school - but wouldn't you know it - the dreaded ear infection moved in on Sunday night - day 2 today and still one left at home - just when I had promised myself some me time!!

Thos muffins look great - will have to give them a go!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015