Monday, October 4

Curried potato salad



Don't wince.  Don't!!  I know this sounds like some kickback to those curried egg salads of the 70's but this is really, really nice.  Honest.  When I was working in North Sydney there's a salad and soup bar where I got addicted to this.  I would order it along with mulligatawny (which I love too, must make that!) and never,ever got sick of it.  I haven't had it at all since summer before last and I got myself a craving so I made it and I know I'll be making it again and soon.

Great news is it's made quickly and is even nice warm, so unlike a lot of potato salads you don't have to wait around alot.  There isn't any 'far out exotic' ingredients either.  You can make it as mild as you like too!


Ingredients:
1 kg potatoes, peeled and diced into 1 inch chunks (ish)
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tb curry powder
1 stalk coriander, roughly chopped
3 boiled eggs, sliced

Method
Steam or boil your potatoes until they are cooked, yet still hold their shape

Mix mayonnaise with curry powder

Stir through potatoes, add onion, coriander and eggs, mix well.

Serve!


Print this post in friendly format

4 lovely comments:

Kali on October 4, 2010 at 8:56 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

This certainly makes my mouth water looking at the photo..ticks so many of my boxes :)
Will definitely be making it sooner rather than later.
Thanks :)
Kali

Cate on October 4, 2010 at 5:44 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cate on October 4, 2010 at 5:47 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I have finally found your site - don't know why it has taken me so long. I am sure I am going to love following you - you see I also have twins (but of the other kind!!) don't know which sort is worse/better?! Mine is like owning a couple border collies!! Never a dull moment!

Good to see real people out there cooking real food!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on October 4, 2010 at 6:13 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Hehe well I actually love curried egg salads so I didn't wince at all when I saw this! :P


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015