Saturday, August 21

Party Palooza #4 Freckle lollipops - favours or treats!



The past couple of birthdays I've shied away from giving the usual lollybag at the birthday parties.  This is not because I'm a mean health-freak that only gives my kids carob, but I do like something a bit different and something they haven't had at the party.  I also figure they've had heaps of sugar by that point too!

At Laura and Olivia's rainbow birthday party - I made rainbow swirl marshmallow and packaged them up with fold-over printed 'thank you for coming to our party' that I stapled on top like a swing tab.  They were a big hit.  I made them up 3 days before the party and stashed them in an airtight container until the party - one less thing to think about....

Eloise's birthday in June I did the same idea except with iced number 6 cookies and a butterfly cookie (pressed and iced by Eloise herself).

This week when I saw Nicole's post on Make your own freckles a little light went off in my head.. 'Yes, how simple, and fun!'  So I thought I'd take that idea in another direction and make freckle lollipops!

You can suit them to your party - I used moulds from Inspired by chocolate and also the edible blue glitter that would be perfect for a 'space party' i.e. making planets.   I used the regular 100's and 1000's and some fairy sprinkles too.  You could use white chocolate and pink sprinkles for princesses or fairies - you could mix edible glitter in them too.

The whole process truly takes about 10 minutes per batch - and this mould makes 5 each time but they have other moulds (very reasonably priced too) that have more per tray.

Ingredients:
200g milk chocolate
sprinkles of choice

for wrapping:

Method:
Place lollipop sticks in moulds and melt your chocolate. 

I melt my chocolate in a microwave proof bowl/jug.  I put it on 50% power for 1 minute, remove, stir and return to the microwave for another minute on 50% power.

Spoon the chocolate in to the moulds.


Tap the sides of the mould until the chocolate evens out - with a knife scrape across the moulds to remove excess chocolate.  Sprinkle with desired sprinkles!


Place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes, and twist mould and remove your lollipops!




Print this post in friendly format

8 lovely comments:

nellbe on August 21, 2010 at 7:34 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Love it! I am unashamedly stealing this idea for the next party around here.

Kylie G on August 21, 2010 at 7:54 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

these are so cute, great idea.

chocolatesuze on August 21, 2010 at 11:44 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

what a fabulous idea! they look fantastic!

Mishelle on August 22, 2010 at 4:17 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I have GOT to try these!!!

M

PlanningQueen on August 22, 2010 at 7:26 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

They look great and are such a nice idea as an alternative to lolly bags.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on August 22, 2010 at 11:09 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

So simple yet so cute too! Another winner you have there sweetie! ;)

Teachermum on August 22, 2010 at 3:34 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I've just placed an order with Inspired by Chocolate for all the materials. Can't wait to make these for my daughters party! Thanks for the great idea :)

Amy CCandC on August 23, 2010 at 10:29 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh I love these! I am going to make them this weekend. Thanks for the fab idea


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015