Sunday, August 15

Day trip to the snow....


On Friday night hubby suggested that we take the frills to see their first ever snow.  Hubby's Nanna lived in snow country and he has fond memories of it as a child, especially his first trip.  So at the crack of dawn we set off via Canberra.

In Canberra we went on a search for new gumboots and then we were on our way to the snow.  As the outside temperature dropped (we have a monitor on our dashboard) the excitement grew!  Finally we caught sight of snow capped mountains...


Then we saw enough snow to stop off and have a play...


Snowball fights!





Snow Angels...


Making a snowman..


Of course, eating snow...






So what did we like about the snow?

We all waved goodbye to 'snowy' on our way home.



Print this post in friendly format

13 lovely comments:

Christie - Childhood 101 on August 15, 2010 at 4:19 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

As much as I don't like the cold, I am sooooo jealous as I would love to take Immy for a play in the snow! Not much snow over on this side of the country! Looks like you all had a fantastic time.

LionessLady on August 16, 2010 at 7:55 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Lovely photos. You have a gorgeous family!

Mishelle on August 16, 2010 at 9:24 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

It looks like you had a great time in the snow! I'm glad - I'm still looking at the end of summer here and I'm kinda dreading the snow BUT I love to take the kids out and watch them play in it. Something so innocent in it all.

M

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on August 16, 2010 at 9:41 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

How sweet! I remember so wanting to see snow when I was little. It sounded so magical. And snow angels too-YAY! :D

Kelly on August 16, 2010 at 9:49 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Fantastic pictures, looks like everyone had alot of fun!

Claire Chadwick @ Scissors Paper Rock on August 16, 2010 at 10:12 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh my goodness...what gorgeous photos & videos!! I'm not a fan of winter...but a trip to the snow would be LOVELY!!!
You & your beautiful family had such a wonderful, fun time!

Photography on August 16, 2010 at 1:32 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

AWWWWHHH love your shots! (we played along too) I have been to the snow once as a child and loved it! Would love to go back :-)

justine on August 16, 2010 at 2:58 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

That looks like so much fun!!! I've never been to the snow and these pic's are so inspiring - makes me want to jump on a plane and go right now! Great photos xox

Tamara | One Craftee Mumma on August 16, 2010 at 4:18 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Lots of great memories there!
Tamara
www.tamryder.blogspot.com

Chantelle {fat mum slim} on August 21, 2010 at 7:10 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

So sweet. I can't wait to go to the snow with little Lacey. x

Cheers! on May 8, 2011 at 12:25 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

What a great family day! You have three adorable little girls!

Amanda Kendle on May 8, 2011 at 5:42 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Looks like so much fun! And looks like rather how I acted when I first saw snow properly in my late twenties! Definitely something about it that brings out the child in me (and many others I think!).

Life In A Pink Fibro on May 8, 2011 at 9:23 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Love this! You can feel the excitement in the pictures - their faces say it all!

Thanks for Rewinding at the Fibro.


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015