Wednesday, August 18

Lunchbox Legends: Apple and blueberry muffins


Hello!

It's hump-day - hooray!  I only have today and tomorrow and hopefully only half of Friday left of my chemical-free diet and I'm EXCITED.  I'm planning my dinner in my head already - full of tomatoes, chocolate and diet coke.. not combined obviously!

These ones are a one-bowl recipe which I am a HUGE fan of.  Substitute the apple and blueberry for pear and raspberry or what ever takes your fancy!  These freeze beautifully and it's a great way to get maximum value out of your berries which cost a fortune at the moment.  My girls are like berry vacuums, one glance and the whole punnet is gone!

I've used frozen blueberries - which is also a cheaper way to buy your blueberries and may deter you or your offspring from eating them all at once.. or not.

I have used paper eskimo cupcake papers for these ones - I know you like to know! :)


Ingredients
1/2 cup caster sugar
80g melted butter, cooled
1 cup milk or buttermilk
2 small eggs
1 cup plain wholemeal flour
1 1/2 cups plain white flour
1 tb baking powder
2/3 cup chopped and peeled apple
1/2 cup blueberries


Method:
Preheat oven to 200 degrees c
Combine all ingredients in a bowl.  Mix on a low speed for about 1 minute until all combined, try not to over-beat.

Pour into greased muffin tin or cupcake/muffin papers and bake for 15-20 minutes.  This mixture made 20 muffins for me.  Large ones would make about a dozen!


Now how EASY is that?
Print this post in friendly format

1 lovely comments:

Christie @ Fig and Cherry on August 18, 2010 at 10:04 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Very cute little cupcake papers! Frozen blueberries are a lifesaver during Winter, although free pop-in-the-mouth ones are hard to beat in Summer!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015