Thursday, August 19

Please, go ahead, laugh at my expense...


This morning we've had a fairly full day brain-wise so I'm counting on you to keep this in mind when you read this....

BUT Hubby parked at school today to drop Eloise off to school before we ran some errands. I got out, got Eloise and her school bag out, walked her across the road and kissed her goodbye.

Walked back across the road, approached the car, thought to myself 'I'm so unobservant! I'd never noticed these mudgards on the car'. Open the door, almost get my bum on the seat and there's a bloke I'd never seen before sitting in the driver's seat.

Wrong car.

Embarrassing enough right? More embarrassing when the rest of your family is watching from the car behind...  Hubby has suggested perhaps a lanyard with pics of the car and the family on it so I don't make the same mistake again.

Luckily the bloke I almost claimed as my 'trade in' husband (forget the car..) thought it was wildly funny too - I hope his kids aren't in any of our classes.. might have to assume a new identity/get botox/new hair-do.... or maybe just that trip to Dunk Island ?
Print this post in friendly format

7 lovely comments:

Corrie on August 19, 2010 at 2:34 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

oh my I'm crying laughing at this, that is hilarious! oh my gosh were you beetroot red! I can't stop laughing - can't wait to tell my own hubby but honestly I think I'll be still laughing as I tell him!

oh dear, that has made me laugh and the tears are still coming

you're a classic! they'll be telling that one for years!
corrie:)

CREATIVE DISORGANIZATION on August 19, 2010 at 2:54 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

LOL,LOL,LOL, My monster-in-Law did the same thing, but as she talks alot...she kept yakking away then looked up from her hand bag to see a stranger and her hubby in the next car laughing as well...This is happening more often then not...don't fill like a dill...lol

Danielle on August 19, 2010 at 3:41 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Tell the truth - you were carjacking! LOL

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on August 19, 2010 at 8:18 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

ROFLMAO! You got yourself a new husband did you? Wouldn't it be funny if he had 3 girls in the car too? :P

Mishelle on August 19, 2010 at 9:42 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

BWAHAHAHAHA!!

You need sunglasses at least!!

I used to be able to get into other people's mustangs with my key. It was so sad.

M

alessandra on August 20, 2010 at 5:04 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

This is so funny, how was your trade in husband?

Cat on August 20, 2010 at 10:16 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh Liss, I LOVE this story. Ha ha ha. I love that you're sharing it with your faithful too. Mwah to you lovely lady. xxx


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015