Wednesday, August 25

Back to basics - Banana cake



Have you noticed how cheap bananas are getting at the moment?  I got a couple of kilos the other day when they were SIXTY-NINE-CENTS a kilo! I freeze bananas if I can't eat them - so I knew they wouldn't be wasted but I needed a make-and-stash-cake.

What's is that you ask?

I like having a cake either cut up for school lunches or hubby's morning tea - or one whole wrapped in a good amount of glad wrap in the freezer.  It's easy to pull out, defrost overnight, and ice in the morning.  Perfect to take to a morning tea or for a last minute play-date.  I love me a make-and-stash-cake.

I made this one in the food processor - it does make it a bit fluffy and I'm really pleased with how it turned out!  Make it with beaters though if you don't have one - it will still work!


Ingredients:
110g butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup caster sugar
2 eggs
5 medium bananas
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
1/4 cup of milk
1/2 tsp bicarb soda


Method:
Preheat oven to 180 degrees c

In your food processor, place the butter and sugar in the bowl, fix the lid and process until creamed.  The butter will go a pale yellow.

 Add eggs one at a time and pulse until all combined.  Add bananas, then flour and process for about 1 minute until smooth.
Lastly add the bicarb to the milk, and pour the milk into the processor.  process for 20 seconds until well combined.


Pour into a well-greased baking tin and bake for 40 minutes - test using skewer method.


Isn't licking the bowl the best part?


Print this post in friendly format

2 lovely comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Mmmmmmmmmmmm that looks good! Ive never tried it in a bundt pan - must try this recipe! I make mine with mini chocolate chips in it - fools the kids into eating more of it..

Have you ever tried a chocolate banana loaf recipe? I've seen them but not tried them.

M

Talia on August 26, 2010 at 8:33 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Liking the bowl is definintely the best part!! This looks delish. I will be buying some more bananas at the markets on Saturday and trying this out!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015