Friday, August 6

Creamy caramelised pear rice pudding


I've had a shocker week this week! I dislocated my little toe last weekend and have been hobbling to school in the rain and mud each day in reef sandals!  I look like a hobo!

Also, I think this chemical free diet is challenging me more than I thought it might, and perhaps there's been a full moon because my kids have been a bit feral in the behaviour area too...  Maybe something I might have coped with better had I had the comfort of chocolate, caffeine and a strong drink!  Only 2 more weeks 'til caffeine and chocolate... which one will I buy!?

Now we're getting to the end of the cooler weather I'm going to leave you this Friday with a pudding that can be served hot, warm or cold.  I'm not really a fan of the traditional rice pudding with sultanas etc - this one is much more my style.  A little sweeter, a lot creamier and super comforting.  Super-dooper easy too.


Ingredients
2 cups cooked rice (or 1 cup uncooked, cooked)
3 pears, peeled and sliced
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
250ml milk
300ml cream
1 tsp vanilla extract


Method:
Preheat oven to 190 degrees c

Place your pears on the bottom of your baking tray and sprinkle with brown sugar.

Next, sprinkle cooked rice over the sugar.

In a jug mix the milk, cream, egg and vanilla extract, mix well and pour oven the rice.

Place in oven for 25-35 minutes until golden brown on top..

Serve!


Next week I'll be starting a series of guest posts - just one a week - these are going to still focus on food and family - if you're interested in doing a guest post here, drop me a line with your idea!


Print this post in friendly format

4 lovely comments:

PinkPatentMaryJanes on August 6, 2010 at 1:06 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

That is the most delicious thing I've seen in, well, I don't know how long. All that I do know is that I need to make it and devour it!

Sarah @ For the Love of Food on August 6, 2010 at 7:23 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I actually love rice pudding (never added sultanas though). This is really different to how I normally know rice pud - sounds like a fabulous invention and I will definitely be making this!

Chantelle {fat mum slim} on August 7, 2010 at 8:28 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Another week down Liss. You're doing so well. xx

Be A Fun Mum on May 4, 2011 at 7:15 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Looks yummy@


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015