Sunday, July 11

Sunday Baking Project: Raspberry Blondies


It's been a chocolately type of week.   So sorry if you're dieting - I'm probably not helping at all!

I had a hankering for brownies this week, and also Lindt's Gold Bar - White with roasted almonds...
image with thanks from Gone Chocco

so when one of my lovely 'likers' from Frills in the Hills Facebook and mate Renae offered me her blondie recipe (like a brownie but with white chocolate) I jumped at it.

I added a little bit of dark chocolate, but it's hardly noticeable, so feel free to not use it.. but I liked it!


Ingredients:
125gr butter
200gr white chocolate
¾ cup caster sugar
2 eggs, beaten
¾ cup plain flour
¾ cup self raising flour
½ cup macadamias, chopped
1/4 cup dark chocolate, chopped
150gr raspberries (fresh or frozen - I used frozen)
100gr white choc, chopped, extra
2 tb cream


Method:


Melt your butter and white chocolate together - I do mine in the microwave by putting the chocolate in a microwave proof bowl, heating on 50% power for 1 minute, stir, then add the butter and heat again on 50% power for a further 1 minute.  Go for another 30 seconds on 50% if it's not completely melted.  Set aside.

Preheat your oven to 160 degrees c fanforced or 170 non-fanforced.

In your mixing bowl add the flours, eggs, sugar and mix well. Add melted chocolate and butter and mix until smooth.  Stir through macadamias and dark chocolate.

Grease a small baking tray and line with baking paper, lightly grease again (I sprayed with canola oil).

Pour half the mixture into the tray and spread to the edges.  Sprinkle the raspberries evenly over the surface.  Don't mix in.

Then add the remaining mixture over the top.  Smooth the sides.

Place aluminum foil over the top of your baking tray and place in the oven for 20 minutes  - remove the foil and bake for a further 25-30 minutes until lightly golden brown on top.  It's better to under-cook than over-cook a brownie or blondie.. so keep a watch out!

Allow to cool (if you're in a hurry like I was, place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes!) and then melt the remainder of your white chocolate, and then stir through the cream - it makes it spreadable and lovely.  Spread over the top, allow to cool slightly before cutting up or even cutting out shapes (as I did, I love little blondie hearts!)  Such a lovely treat!  Enjoy!


Have a lovely Sunday everyone - I'm planning on doing not much - Hubby is making my favourite dinner for my birthday and hopefully we'll just having a relaxing family day...


Psst.. don't forget competition entries end at midnight tonight!

Print this post in friendly format

8 lovely comments:

Kirsty S said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

The blondies look great! Enjoy your dinner tonight... I've now decided to add corned beef to my shopping list this week and give it a try... it looks so yummy!

Kirsty S said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

PS Happy Birthday!

Lily Mulholland on July 11, 2010 at 11:04 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Happy birthday Liss! This recipe is going in my 'keepers' file!

Corrie on July 11, 2010 at 5:06 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

happy birthday (well I'll tell you again and yummo)

love that your hubby made you a cake - that is too sweet! my hubby doesn't do baking!

Corrie;)

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I will end up with a SERIOUS weight problem if I keep baking things like this. Hope you had a great day. So delighted that husband baked you a cake. He's a keeper.

Barbara on July 14, 2010 at 12:20 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Yum, they look wonderful Liss. Would love to include the final photo in my heart post on Saturday if that's okay.

Liss on July 14, 2010 at 12:22 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Of course you can Barbara! I would love that!

Kylie G on August 23, 2010 at 11:38 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I just these and they turned out perfectly. Thanks!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015