Friday, July 23

Orange self saucing pudding




Oranges are healthy right?  No reason you can't have a whole one of these to yourself then right?

This is comfort food without too much guilt.  Last weeks' winter pudding was rich and delicious and totally my hubby's kind of thing.  This is more mine.  It's quick and easy, and I like that too!  Should be a hit with the kids too.


Ingredients:
1 cup self raising flour
1 cup caster sugar, divided into 2 half cups
Zest of two oranges
Juice of one orange
50g butter, melted
1/2 cup milk

Grease a large souffle mould or medium casserole bowl.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees c

In a mixing bowl mix with a fork the self raising flour, 1/2 cup caster sugar, zest of one orange, butter and milk.


Pour into your dish and sprinkle the other 1/2 cup caster sugar and zest of the other orange.

In a jug place 1 cup boiling water and juice of orange (approx 1/2 cup).


Pour water/juice over mixture and place in oven for 30-40 minutes.


Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

Sarah @ For the Love of Food on July 23, 2010 at 5:07 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I needed to make a pudding for tonight (unexpectedly) and I saw your post on my RSS feed but alas my internet connection was down so I had to go with another idea (steamed apple pudding). Now I've got through I totally wish I'd seen the full post before I got started. How easy and how delicious sounding. It will have to go on my 'to do' list.

Jaime on July 24, 2010 at 6:31 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

this looks great Liss - and easy. could be on the menu for tonight, even at this late stage!

Jaydie said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Do you think you could do these in individual ramekin dishes?


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015