Saturday, July 10

A few questions for you....and me...


Hello everyone!

Here's to the weekend right?

I've been spoiling you this week with recipes so I thought today I'd have a bit of a rest and instead let me ask you a question...

What's the thing you crave when you are sick?  Do you dose yourself up with drugs and have some comfort food or something else?

I am going to share my recipe next week for what I want when I'm unwell...

And, feel free to ask me a question.. I'll come back to you soon with an answer, promise!




See you tomorrow for Sunday baking project!  Ohhh, and don't forget you can still enter the competition, entries close tomorrow at midnight!
Print this post in friendly format

9 lovely comments:

Quixotic on July 10, 2010 at 7:29 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

The first thing I crave when I'm feeling sick is a day off!!! Failing that, I start drinking honey lemon tea with minced garlic and ginger added (no it doesn't taste nice, but it sure helps). The food I want when I'm sick is from my chilhood sick days, toast with lashings of butter and vegemite, sweet, milky tea and chicken soup.

Jane on July 10, 2010 at 7:58 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

When I'm sick, I never really crave anything other than lots of water, some hot tea with honey and lots of vitamin C. Oh and homemade chicken soup! Jam on toast is my standard sick food- it's the first thing I eat when I've lost my appetite for a day or two.

Lily Mulholland on July 10, 2010 at 10:28 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Vegemite toast. Oh, and a few hours in bed without children jumping on me!

Super Sarah on July 10, 2010 at 11:35 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Honey and lemon drinks seem to be the order of the day! Sometimes I lash mine with rum, if its late at night and I can go straight to bed. Comfort food when I am hungry is mashed potato with lots of butter and a spoonful of mayo, also toast and marmalade, lots of butter. Homemade chicken soup if someone else will make it for me!

Christie on July 10, 2010 at 7:49 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Scrambled eggs on buttery toast is usually my comfort food of choice (and funnily enough, not something I would eat any other time!).
Hope you enjoyed your day off!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on July 10, 2010 at 10:16 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

You deserve a rest especially since it's your big day tomorrow! ;) I crave won ton soup and rice porridge. I guess it's whatever we were given as kids! :D

And yes I do avail myself of medication although this past flu seemed quite resistant to it so I tried a few types :(

Anita on July 10, 2010 at 11:51 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Tea; without fail. Tea is my pick me up, my cure all and my constant companion. It never ceases to bring comfort and a sense of peace and serenity amidst al the madness that is daily family life.

Sarah on July 11, 2010 at 2:31 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

How about a little recipe for you:

Put the following ingredients into a large bowl:

8oz sifted self raising flour
6oz caster sugar
6oz softened margarine
grated zest of one lemon
2 rounded tablespoons lemon curd
2 rounded tablespoons greek yoghurt
3 eggs

Beat together thoroughly, half fill loaf tins with mixture,sprinkle over half the blueberries (about 180 gr/ 6oz)top up with remaining mixture and scatter over remaining blueberries.

Bake for about 1 hour at 160C

Use juice of lemon and enough icing sugar to make a runny icing, and spoon over cake while still warm.

Delicious!

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

i have raw garlic and stir-fry with some of nearly every vegetable in the house in it with extra garlic and ginger. With Chorizo if we have them, or something else spicy.


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015