Friday, July 16

Season Savvy Challenge Week 7 - Leeks



Hello again!

Hope you've had a fabulous week and are pumped for the weekend!  I'm off to the Good Food & Wine Show and I think on Sunday we'll be off farmgating... just for fruit and vegetables.  School holidays my kids seem to eat four times as much fruit, don't ask me why!  I plan on getting busy with some apple recipes from last week too!

This week we're all about leeks.  My house growing up there were never any leeks.  I discovered leeks in London when I was 21 - I was served for dinner one night fettucine with leek, bacon and cream and parmesan.  I wondered what I had been missing out on...!

So these days we grow leeks, there are always leeks in the garden and in our fridge.  Yum.

What is Season Savvy?
I'm all about using seasonal produce. When it's good. When it's plentiful, when it's cheap.

Each week I'm challenging you to use a particular piece of produce that is SEASONAL. Now if you're in a different season to me, don't panic. Maybe you have cooked something before with this ingredient, add it and play along....

Hopefully this way, we can use this as a bit of inspiration/education and show off what you can cook, and save some moulah!



So what do you need to do?
1. Find a recipe you love or a way you love to eat leek - it doesn't need to be the main ingredient, but it needs to be in the dish.. and it doesn't need to be fancy either!
2. Make it or find the link
3. Photograph it and/or share the recipe
(it doesn't need to be-step-by-step photos!)
4. Post your link down there with the Linkytool down below
5. Get visited, and visit other people's recipes!


Print this post in friendly format

0 lovely comments:


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015