Wednesday, July 7

No bake - triple choc Mars Bar Slice



When my friend Ally asked me on Facebook last week if I had a recipe for Mars Bar Slice I knew I did somewhere.  I made one a few years ago for a friend's birthday to the standard recipe but couldn't bring myself to finish even a square.

It was too sickly sweet.  Too sticky.

So I tweaked these ones a little because that's what I do and because I didn't want to repeat the previous recipe.   I took them to my playgroup last week and they were a hit.  One friend said 'My friend is famous for these, but I like these ones more, don't tell her'.

I hope she doesn't read my blog.

Anyways, this is a recipe you can make with the kids or put a teenager in charge of.  No baking and ready in 20 minutes tops.


Ingredients
Base:
264 grams mars bars (that's a 12x fun size pack)
120g butter
1 tb golden syrup
5 x Triple Choc biscuits - Country Cottage brand
3 cups rice bubbles


Topping:
1 x 250g milk chocolate
45 g butter


Method:
In a bowl, crumble biscuits and add ricebubbles. Stir to combine.

Grease slice pan (I used tupperware slice n stor) with canola spray

In a saucepan, place mars bars, 120g butter and golden syrup, heat on low until it is all melted, use a metal whisk to combine.

Pour saucepan contents into the the dry ingredients and mix quickly until all combined. Pour into the slice pan and press down with wet hands to make an even consistency.

To make the topping break up chocolate and place in microwave proof bowl or jug on 50% for 1 minute, remove, stir and place back in the microwave for a further minute on 50% power. Remove and add the butter, stir through until it melts.

Pour over slice and smooth over evenly.

Place in the refrigerator for an hour before cutting into 16 or 32 pieces!
Print this post in friendly format

7 lovely comments:

Jane on July 7, 2010 at 6:42 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I love recipes with rice bubbles, they make me feel like a kid again. Yum!

Kylie G on July 7, 2010 at 12:06 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I loooove anything no-bake. I made lemon slice twice recently for different evens because it's so easy. This is another one of those good recipes.

Corrie on July 7, 2010 at 4:41 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

oh my goodness, what on earth am I going to do when I'm not pregnant and am trying to lose the baby weight!!!!!!!!

I think this one is for me and keira this weekend!

thanks,
Corrie:)

Diminishing Lucy on January 5, 2011 at 11:59 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Liss, this is EVIL.

I won't be making this.....yet. Maybe for my Olivia's birthday in Feb...

(I am badly craving melted Mars bars now....I make profiteroles with a melted mars bar sauce. To die for.)

Rachel said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Ooh! I'm sooo not looking! Don't need Mars Bar slice..... I'm trying not to look!

Unknown on July 18, 2011 at 2:28 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

OMG these look so bad for you, but OH SO GOOD!!!!!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015