Sunday, July 25

Cinnamon Tea Cake - post number 1,000!



Happy Sunday everyone!  These weekends seem to go by so quickly don't they?  As do 1,000 posts really.  So this is it, the 1,000th post and of course it's baking.  Why wouldn't it be?  Lately it's been all about cinnamon for me, and this cake recipe is and oldie but a goodie.  It's scrumptious warm but also great with a cuppa..

Ingredients
120g butter
230g caster sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
180g self raising flour
60g plain flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup milk

30g butter, melted extra
1 tb caster sugar, extra
1 tb cinnamon, extra



Method:
Preheat oven to 180 degrees c


Cream your butter, sugar and vanilla extract together until light and fluffy - about five minutes.
Add eggs and beat until smooth.  Remove electric beaters or bowl from mixer stand.

Into the bowl, mix half the flours and cinnamon and half the milk.  Stir through, then the remaining flours/cinnamon milk.

Pour into your greased baking tin
Bake in oven for 40-50 minutes - use the skewer method to test.

When baked, turn out onto your plate or stand and then allow to cool for about 5 minutes.  Brush on the extra melted butter and then sprinkle over the combined remaining cinnamon and sugar.



Print this post in friendly format

7 lovely comments:

PinkPatentMaryJanes on July 25, 2010 at 8:31 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Happy 1000th post - woo hoooooo! 1000 lovely, frilly, informative, tasty, gorgeous posts. And thank you for making my favourite cake your 1000th. This is one cake I remember making in my childhoo {from a packet - so I'm guessing this will taste a LOT better}.

Lily Mulholland on July 25, 2010 at 9:21 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

oh! my comment disappeared. I just wanted to say congrats on your millennium! And a cinnamon tea cake may be baked in your honour this arvo :)

Unknown on July 25, 2010 at 10:35 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Great 1000th post! Have one in the oven as I type - just one question - how long do I cook it for!!!???

Nisha on July 25, 2010 at 10:49 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Happy 1000 Liss!!
Its been wonderful reading and cooking with you. Im having some of your Brioche for breakfast, in celebration.

Rina on July 25, 2010 at 3:40 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :) I have no idea how many posts I'm at, you've inspired me to go check, hehe.

Cathie on July 25, 2010 at 4:56 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

happy 1000 posts Liss!
I made this today for some friends. needless to say..there isn't anything left!
nice one, thanks ♥

reality raver on July 25, 2010 at 10:07 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

This is my favourite cake. Thanks for the reminder hopefully I will have time to make it this week.


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015