Wednesday, June 2

The ultimate cinema treat.....



If you're one of my twitter followers, you've been allowing me to torture you with copious Sydney Film Festival Tweets.   If you're not in Sydney and would love to attend, I'll apologise straight up. There are some great films this year, some brilliant films.  If you are in Sydney - well I don't apologise - you should be going.  There is something for everyone - and the ticket costs are very reasonable.

Tonight is opening night, and an incredible buzz has been building all week.  I'm seeing my first two films - Life during wartime  and Sex, drugs and rock n roll on Friday night and I'll be rushing between the two finish/start times as they are at different venues, but it will be SO worth it.  Sunday I'm off to another film in the afternoon - a great time for movie going in my opinion.

So this little creation is an ode to my love of cinema and cinema food.  I worked as an usherette for a while in my late teens and I would make umpteen choc tops, buckets of popcorn and lolly bags.  Funnily enough nearly two decades later I still love all those things, even though I *know* what goes in them.

These you can make for your cinema trip or a night at home in your loungeroom 'cinema'.


Ingredients: (makes 8 cones)
1 mix of lollygobbleblissbombs recipe here
8 waffle cones (Woolworths sell their select brand for about $2 for 12)
200g chocolate (I used Lindt's 70% dessert specialty cooking chocolate)
2 tb cream
sprinkles if desired.

Method:
Make the popcorn and caramel as per recipe above.



Whilst warm, scoop into cones and shape tops into scoop like shapes. Stand in coffee cups whilst they set.


Melt your chocolate in the microwave by placing in microwave proof jug, and heating on 50% heat for 1 minute.  Take out, stir and return to the microwave for another minute on 50% heat.

Stir in cream into chocolate and stir well, allow to cool for about 3-5 minutes, spoon chocolate onto your cones and cover with nuts, sprinkles, maltesers, whatever you like!

Like this post?  Use the the little buttons below this post to share it with your friends or bookmark for later!

Print this post in friendly format

2 lovely comments:

PinkPatentMaryJanes on June 2, 2010 at 10:12 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh-wow-oh-wow. Bliss-bombs and waffles and chocolate - oh my!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on June 2, 2010 at 1:14 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Clever-AND they don't melt! :P


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015