Tuesday, June 29

The 'lucky if you have any cake mix left' cake - Banana and coconut cream..


A few of my readers may have already tried this one, it's been made famous on a few online forums by a very clever chickie, Cathy.  I have tweaked it a little to make it lunchbox friendly..

I've made this so many times I can't even count - I've made in round cakes, cupcakes, loaf cakes.  It's super versatile.  It's silky smooth on the inside and makes a lovely crust.  But beware. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT eat the mixture.  Once you start you might not be able to stop, and soon you'll only have enough for a few or maybe no cupcakes.....

You can serve it with or without icing... again no icing makes it lunchbox friendly, but I do love the icing too!


Ingredients:
2 eggs
100 grams softened butter
2/3 cup castor sugar
1 ½ cups SR flour
2/3 cup desiccated coconut
3/4 cup coconut cream
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup mashed banana (2-3 ripe bananas)


Method
Preaheat oven to 160oC  and grease your cake tin

Cream your butter and sugar

Add your flour, coconut cream banana, eggs and vanilla essence, mix well then lastly add your dessicated coconut. Whip for about 1 minute until lovely and fluffy (try not to eat, I dare you!)

Pour into tin and bake for approximately 1 hour


Icing
Whip 1/4 cup coconut cream and 50g cream cheese with electric beaters, add about 2 cups icing sugar until a lovely thick consistency.  Pour about half on your cake.  Eat the rest or freeze it for your next cake, because after eating the first one, you'll need another.. or save for some cupcakes :)
Print this post in friendly format

4 lovely comments:

Kylie G on June 29, 2010 at 9:20 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

You just keep em coming! This looks divine, thanks.

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Coconut and banana, sounds delicious. My to-do list for recipes is getting longer and longer!

Josiejo said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Hey Liss, I am a bit of a gumby with cooking and I follow recipes to the letter until I know them back to front. So, i followed the directions as you wrote them and almost forgot the eggs as they aren't in your method!!
It's in the oven right now - with the eggs added last, but hopefully it turns out ok.
:)

Liss on July 9, 2010 at 6:38 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Eep! Thanks Josejo - I think it's a case of 'made it one too many times, it makes itself'! :) How did yours turn out? xx


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015