Monday, June 14

Slowcooker Recipe: Sweet soy chicken


Hello !  I hope you are enjoying your long weekend and doing something fun or relaxing!

I have been quite absent from the household of late I've seen 10 movies over the past 8 days and I see my last for the Sydney Film Festival tonight - Cyrus - it's got John C Reilly, Marisa Tomei and Jonah Hill in it - it should be a wonderful film to finish up on - a positive, funny heartwarming film.

But today I will be spending in the garden finishing up the weeding - the sunny winter days are glorious and I might fit in some baking and a long overdue clean of the oven.  How do you clean yours?

And now for my 250th recipe at Frills in the Hills...!
It really doesn't get any easier than this folks.  Bung it in, add the other ingredients, baste after 1 hour, serve in 3-4 whenever you want.  I used chicken wings but it would work well for any boned chicken - maryland, wings, drumsticks....

Chicken falls off the bone easily - it melts in your mouth - you want to drink the sauce.... give it a try - you could even do it with little drumettes and serve as a canape.


Ingredients:
1.5 kg chicken pieces with bone in.
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 brandy
2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
1 tsp finely chopped ginger
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp cornflour


Method:
Put chicken in your slowcooker.

Mix cornflour into soy sauce in a bowl.  Add brandy, garlic, ginger and honey.
Pour over chicken.

Turn on medium heat and place lid on for one hour, baste by spooning liquid from bottom of cooker over the top of the chicken.  Cook for further 2 hours.

Serve with rice and veges of choice - we served ours with rice and chinese broccoli with oyster sauce.
Print this post in friendly format

7 lovely comments:

Chantelle {fat mum slim} on June 14, 2010 at 6:29 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Yum. This looks delicious and healthy too.

Enjoy your gardening day today. x

Corrie on June 14, 2010 at 7:48 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

yum making this tonight! retro daddy is already looking forward to it and the slow cooker hasn't been used for a couple of weeks!

I'll be looking forward to some pressure cooker recipes from you too but for now will love the slow cooker ones!

I'm surprised you don't have a seat just for you at the movies you've seen so many - I think you'll need a rest :)
Corrie:)

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Hi Liss,

How do you think this would go freezing the left overs??? Might not be so great, but I thought I'd ask anyway..

Thanks,
Cath

Liss on February 13, 2011 at 10:02 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

@Catherine I can't see why not Cath! xx

nwhincup said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

This is currently making my house smell divine.... looking forward to dinner now :)

Joyce on September 6, 2011 at 12:24 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Is that supposed to be 1/2 cup brandy as well? Plus my slow cooker only has low and high settings, no medium...so which to go for?

Liss on September 6, 2011 at 12:26 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

@Joyce Yes Joyce 1/2 cup - I would put it on high for 2 hours in total, baste after 45 minutes.


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015