Tuesday, June 1

Trains


As I took my rushed, and very hot shower this morning, I remember what I was doing at the same time 6 years ago.  I was in hospital, desperate to meet my daughter.  Desperate.  My labour was being induced and I was ready to get the show on the road.  I was on the couple platform, ready to take the long train to familyhood.  And I was ready, hubby was ready, we'd taken trains elsewhere in our journey of self-discovery, and now we were ready to board this train. Together.

It wasn't easy that day.  It was a long day, and with a dramatic crescendo, we became a family.  We boarded the train.  We started our journey.  I smiled to myself.  It's hectic, this train has a lot of unexpected stops and sometimes the tunnels are long and dark and the train heads in directions I never anticipated.  I love this train. The view is amazing, the ride is thrilling.  We haven't crashed,. This train has defined me.  I am thankful for this train and our journey on it.
Print this post in friendly format

1 lovely comments:

Sarah on June 2, 2010 at 5:38 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Totally on this train. x


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015