Friday, June 4

Weekly challenge: Season Savvy is here!


You all must know by now, (and if you don't here's the shortcut) I'm all about using seasonal produce.  When it's good.  When it's plentiful, when it's cheap.

Each week I'm going to challenge you to use a particular piece of produce that is SEASONAL.  Now if you're in a different season to me, don't panic.  Maybe you have cooked something before with this ingredient, add it and play along....

Hopefully this way, we can use this as a bit of inspiration/education and show off what you can cook, and save some moulah!  I will also make and feature one of the recipes during the week following the submissions too... :)

This week we are being Season-Savvy with CAULIFLOWER

So what do you need to do?
1.  Find a recipe you love or a way you love to eat cauliflower - it doesn't need to be the main ingredient, but it needs to be in the dish.. and it doesn't need to be fancy either!
2. Make it
3. Photograph it and share the recipe 
(it doesn't need to be-step-by-step photos!)
4. Post your link down there with the Linkytool down below
5. Get visited, and visit other people's recipes!

You can see Season Savvy recipes anytime, but clicking the new item on the menu bar (hooray, how easy is that!?)

I'll be back early next week with mine :) Can't WAIT to see what you submit!!!





If you like, put this thumbnail on your blog, spread the good word




Season Savvy







PS:  See you back here at lunchtime - I've got a new weekend recipe for you!
Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

Katy on June 4, 2010 at 9:49 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Perfect timing! I've just done my meal plan, and I have creamy cauliflower and potato soup on the menu!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on June 4, 2010 at 2:12 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Nice idea. I've made some cauliflower soups-given the weather these days I think a soup or a cheesy bake would be a good idea :)

Kylie G on June 9, 2010 at 3:46 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I made an awesome broccoli and cauliflower soup on Monday, but didn't take any photos. It was too simple and so delicious. I have more to do the same later this week and will record it to add to the list.


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015