Saturday, June 19

Can someone enlighten me please?



Is there a union that electrical appliances belong to?
Is there a suicide pact that happens around this time of the year?

I'm beginning to think so.

Last year in the same week of early July our:
  • Electric column heater started to leak oil - out in the rubbish it went. Lasted 7 years (or winters)
  • 4 slot toaster we received as a wedding present stopped working.  Lasted almost 6 years
  • Vacuum cleaner died - Lasted 10 years.

Bye bye tax refund basically.

Things are not built to last or even be repaired - they are built to be thrown away and replaced I've realised.

This past few weeks:

  • I had smoke billowing out of my kitchenaid - luckily it was just working too hard and I need to go easy on it (and only knead dough for 4 mins tops)
  • My oven has died - to me, this is supreme punishment - at present we don't have a definitive fix date as we are waiting on a part... 
  • And then yesterday, the slow cooker died.


Add this to my food processor which after 8 years the lid has to be held on for it to work.  I'm really needing a kitchenaid one I think.

Do your appliances pack it in all at once?  Am I perhaps 'over' loving them?

Perhaps I need a kitchenware Frills in the Hills sponsor? hehe.
Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

Kirsty S said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Definitely try for a Kitchenaid FITH sponsor... and get them to throw in some extra appliances as giveaways. *lol*

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on June 20, 2010 at 12:39 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

It's always the way isn't it! The day after our car battery warranty expired, the battery decided to die. I'm not a paranoid person but... :P

greenfumb on June 20, 2010 at 6:30 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

The Gremlin is here too, I blew my new food processor up and have to use the old one now. Any day that one will go too.

I also paid $160 for a dishwasher service man to come out and tell me there was nothing wrong with it but the socket it was plugged into has blown.

Tonight I dropped my Le Crueset casserole lidand smashed the handle to pieces but they are guaranteed for life so no probs there.

Wouldn't a KitchenAid sponsor be brilliant, I am trying to decide between a K food processor and a Bamix at the moment - can't afford both.


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015