Friday, June 18

Season Savvy Challenge Week 3 Pumpkin


One day I found two pumpkin seeds.
I planted one and pulled the weeds.
It sprouted roots and a big, long vine.
A pumpkin grew; I called it mine.
The pumpkin was quite round and fat.
(I really am quite proud of that.)
But there is something I'll admit
That has me worried just a bit.
I ate the other seed, you see.
Now will it grow inside of me?

(I'm so relieved since I have found
That pumpkins only grow in the ground!)

from http://dltk-holidays.com  - download the poem with colouring in sheet for the kids here

So, what is this all about anyway?
Every week we share recipes using a nominated seasonal fruit or vegetable. Seasonal produce is great to use whilst it's at its best, is plentiful and is cheap!

So...
  • Link your own recipes
  • Link your favourite recipes from other places
  • Make a recipe this week using this or another pumpkin recipe and tell us about it!
  • Browse, comment and bookmark
  • Spread the word!
  • Most importantly, be inspired!
Psst. We're chatting about what your favourite way to eat pumpkin is over at Frills in the Hills Facebook Page today if you want to join us..

Print this post in friendly format

0 lovely comments:


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015