Friday, June 25

Season Savvy Challenge Week 4 - Lemons



I realised recently I must be mad about lemons. I have loads of recipes with them but I realise there's a lot I haven't tried. Like I'd like to know how to make candied lemons for example, also lemon sorbet is one of my faves and I haven't made that yet.. and then we get into lemon chicken.. see? Lots.

There's loads of variations of each recipe, so if you see two submissions for seemingly the same recipe, odds are they are quite different - that's what I love the about the www!

A friend of mine has a tree that's just busting with fruit so luckily I've got a ready supply of lemons - so add some recipes - odds are I'll try it!

I'll be back with lemon delicious this afternoon!


What is Season Savvy?
I'm all about using seasonal produce. When it's good. When it's plentiful, when it's cheap.

Each week I'm challenge you to use a particular piece of produce that is SEASONAL. Now if you're in a different season to me, don't panic. Maybe you have cooked something before with this ingredient, add it and play along....

Hopefully this way, we can use this as a bit of inspiration/education and show off what you can cook, and save some moulah!


So what do you need to do?
1. Find a recipe you love or a way you love to eat lemons - it doesn't need to be the main ingredient, but it needs to be in the dish.. and it doesn't need to be fancy either!
2. Make it or find the link
3. Photograph it and/or share the recipe
(it doesn't need to be-step-by-step photos!)
4. Post your link down there with the Linkytool down below
5. Get visited, and visit other people's recipes!


Print this post in friendly format

2 lovely comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on June 25, 2010 at 10:25 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

hehe you know until you put it up, I had no idea how many lemon stories I had done! :P Yes I love lemons!

Fig and Cherry on June 25, 2010 at 11:51 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I can't believe I don't have any purely lemon-based recipes to contribute! I'm obsessed with lemons too - they are indispensable in my kitchen. Will have to try out some of these delicious lemon recipes. Love this series.


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015