Tuesday, February 2

I hope today is better than yesterday....


Oh my yesterday.

Yesterday was Eloise's second day of school, and without the fanfare it was time to give our new routine a run for the first time.

Started out well, everyone breakfasted, school lunch made and kids dressed by 8.15am
First load of washing on the line at 8.30 and other load put on to wash.
Shower for me at 8.30 and finally getting final preps to leave at 8.50 - when I go to pack the bag.

I had dutifully collated all the items on the class requirement list - textas, whiteboard markers, left-handed scissors (for my leftie) and glue stick.  All labelled in her new labelled pencil case.

Except the pencil case zipper teeth seem to be cut in several places and cannot be closed.  Panic as I try to find another pencil case.  Furious at the blatant disregard for (new) property I was trying not to blow a gasket!

OK, so that panic over, go to put on my wedding and engagement rings - can't find them - so ring hubby at work because quite frequently, he will put them away if I've put them on a shelf.  He has no idea and then Eloise starts to look sheepish.

Turns out she put them in her shorts pocket YESTERDAY.  The shorts that are going around in the front loading washing machine that I can't open until it's finished.  That won't be finished for at least another ten minutes, when school starts.

I head off with the kids to school in distress, and rush home to find only my wedding ring in the bottom of the washing machine.

Right then and there I was thanking goodness Eloise was at school - for her own protection mainly.

I search the house, I look under beds, in and around the washing machine and washing basket, the trampoline, the couches, under rugs - you name it,, I became increasingly frantic as the day went on.

Finally when hubby came home he covered the same ground I did and I could tell he was getting quite worked up.  He then went outside and found it - in the grass near our slippery dip.  I could not believe it.  I broke down in tears and hubby and I hugged each other with relief.

Then came the unpacking of the school bag - we've lost the school jacket she's had all of TWO days.  The jacket that was in her bag just in case it got cold - not likely in 28 degree heat.  But she left it at school assembly.  It is labelled, hopefully today at drop-off we can collect it from the office or lost property. 

Honestly, if this is day two of school... help me!  I thought her being at school was supposed to lessen my workload?
Print this post in friendly format

6 lovely comments:

Cathie on February 2, 2010 at 1:00 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

ohhh noo Liss!
goodluck, you are one busy lady!
hope tomorrow is smoother

Penelope on February 2, 2010 at 3:50 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh Liss! What a day!

PinkPatentMaryJanes on February 2, 2010 at 4:48 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Certainly could not get worse! You poor thing!

greenfumb on February 2, 2010 at 5:37 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh dear, I was like that, I lost 3 jumpers in 3 weeks my first year at school, my Mum stopped buying them after that.

I have been working in a Kindy class today and you wouldn't believe how tiring it is. We had escapees, No. 2's in pullup pants (What the...), kids without a word of English, kids with far too many words - all at the wrong time etc etc. I am a complete zombie this afternoon.

I love it though, some of them are so cute you jsut want to take them home.

Liss on February 2, 2010 at 7:16 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Thank you ladies for the condolences!

Deb, that day DOES sound exhausting - pull ups at school? Seriously? :o

Eloise probably falls into the category of 'too many words' hehe.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on February 3, 2010 at 12:06 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Aiyaiyai! What a day you poor thing!! And it's probably lucky that Eloise is so cute-for her own protection! :P


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015