Wednesday, September 15

Seven years of good luck?


Lately I feel like a bit of luck has been flowing our way and it's no wonder.  Tonight, when out to dinner with my hubby and my three healthy, happy frills I sat back and breathed in the happiness, because I do feel so  very very lucky.  Our family means everything to me and although it's fraught with constant activity and me repeating myself incessantly (oh my goodness this is driving me insane at present!) our family just works.

I think a positive outlook makes all the difference, don't you?

People told me many times when the babies were little that we were 'so lucky' and of course you feel fortunate and grateful and you love them all completely but I didn't feel lucky - in fact I felt cursed in their younger years as it was so intense with no respite.  I kept reminding myself that they were only little once and I better find a way to enjoy it or I'd regret it.  I also looked at other families with many young children who were now at the ages we are and I knew it would get better.  Finally we are there - and I am starting to understand just how LUCKY I am.

I have

Love - unconditional love, amongst our entire family unit, it's said and demonstrated every day without fail.
Unity - Hubby and I are on the same page entirely about what we want for our family and how we parent our children.  We are coming out of the fog of the early years of parenthood and feel like a couple again rather than battlemates.
Community - I have wonderful communities around me - locally, socially and on the net.  I can't express how much your encouragement/comments/interaction inspires and gives me something to think about/laugh about and occasionally cry about!
Kindness - I have learned since having my kids in particular that indeed a little bit of kindness goes a long way.  How Mums connect with each other, can help each other, can make a big difference.
You - Say no more!

So yeah, I'm lucky.  I'm hoping an extra bit of luck floats our way too - the Kidspot Top 50 Bloggers is ending on Friday - I'm hoping that I'm in with a chance.... I've been overwhelmed with the votes, the comments, the love.    Wouldn't it be wonderful to tell hubby on our 7th anniversary next Monday that we might have won our long-overdue honeymoon?

Wish us luck?  Please?  Vote here, and/or comment here.... thank you!
Print this post in friendly format

10 lovely comments:

Maya said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Liss this was a delight to read, very true! Believe and you will achieve xoxo Sending you heaps luck, love and more importantly laughter!!! Hope you get that honeymoon, keep shining.

Super Sarah on September 15, 2010 at 8:44 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

What a lovely post! I am going to remind myself what I have to be grateful for.

Bianca on September 15, 2010 at 9:19 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

That is a really lovely post. I only just found your blog and have been really enjoying it!

Christie - Childhood 101 on September 15, 2010 at 10:28 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

What a lovely tribute to your family and you as a mama. Good luck xx

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Good luck! Hope you win!

M

Corrie on September 16, 2010 at 10:49 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

what a sweet post! I often take moments to just appreciate how lovely my family is and the life we are building together. I think you need to do it so that the bad bits don't seem so bad!

oh and plenty of repeating myself here! no one really listens to mummy anymore!

corrie;)

Nic said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Beautiful post, I only said to my husband last night as our youngest daughter lay on my lap peacefully sleeping just how lucky are we! Goodluck I hope you get your overdue honeymoon! The 20th is also our 7th wedding anniversary!!!

Corinne (aka Rinny of Arabia) on September 16, 2010 at 3:21 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Liss, what an absolutely gorgeous post.

I so hope you win on Friday, you truly deserve it.

Fingers and toes crossed.

Toni Tones on September 17, 2010 at 9:31 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Lovely post Liss. I wish to one day have this same 'luck' and contentment you write about. In the meantime, Hubby and I wait patiently for the stork to visit... :)

Christie on September 17, 2010 at 11:18 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

You are so right about the positive outlook, Liss. You are making the best of your life and enjoying your beautiful family and that does make you and them very lucky.
And us readers are pretty lucky to have you too!
Good luck for the comp xx


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015