Wednesday, September 29

Around my house - Ikea style


I'm loving seeing Ikea around your house - I find myself refreshing that post every couple of hours and feeling a mixture of excitement and envy!!  I'm really wanting to complete my ikea loungeroom with two Expedit bookcases - and seeing so many of these in your loungerooms has me wanting them - pronto!

So here's a quick whip-around my home and only a fraction of the Ikea!  Do you have any other the same pieces?

You can win one of five Ikea Swedish Cookbooks!

A few more tid-bits about Ikea that I found out on my tour:
  • None of the Ikea family products selected have increased in price the year prior to being placed on the Ikea family discount list
  • Ikea family shoppers love a bargain!  The most popular item so far has been the Detolf which used to sell 25 units a week and now since being on the Ikea family shopping list, sells an average of 275 units a week in the Ikea Rhodes store!  At 33% off, I'm sure it's very attractive to collectors?
  • The most popular item that is purchased from Ikea is the blue bag you walk out with (hands up who DOESN'T have a few of those?? They make great beach bags!)
  • There's a guy who has worked out every possible combination of the Lillabo train set (9 of them apparently) - at only $14.95 a set - it's a bargain (and my girls love ours!  I'd like  few more sets so we can all play!)

  • The most popular food item at Ikea Australia is the $1 hotdogs.   I was surprised to hear this - not Daim?  Not the meatballs?  The meatballs are made with Aussie beef though!  Good to know right?  Or you could just make my version... 

Print this post in friendly format

6 lovely comments:

Amanda on September 29, 2010 at 5:36 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Love the Daim!

Hotdogs are soooo not my thing.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on September 29, 2010 at 7:54 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I must admit that we always get a 50c soft serve or a $1 hot dog whenever we visit! :P

Kristie on September 30, 2010 at 12:29 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

love your tv cabinet but cant find it on the site.. any chance you can tell me the style so I can search for it????

Liss on September 30, 2010 at 6:11 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Hi Kristie

It's Besta burs TV cabinet
http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/90182147

:)

Ange on September 30, 2010 at 7:46 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

IKEA, when are you coming to TASSIE?????

Steph@LittlePotBelly on September 30, 2010 at 9:17 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I always look forward to their yearly catalogue release. Do you think they'll still drop one in my mail box even though it now says "No Junk Mail"??


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015