Friday, September 3

Season Savvy Challenge Week 14 - Asparagus



You know I must admit, I'm not a huge eater of the asparagus.  It was just never served at our house growing up (I don't know why but I will ask) but since I left home you know, 20+ years ago I've cooked them I think twice but had them countless amounts of time at restaurants.  Again I don't know why.  I'll call this the Great Asparagus Mystery.

Another thing is with asparagus whenever I read it or hear it I think of this:

So here we are - people get me cooking with asparagus!  Inspire me and others... please!

What is Season Savvy?
I'm all about using seasonal produce. When it's good. When it's plentiful, when it's cheap.

Each week I'm challenging you to use a particular piece of produce that is SEASONAL. Now if you're in a different season to me, don't panic. Maybe you have cooked something before with this ingredient, add it and play along....

Hopefully this way, we can use this as a bit of inspiration/education and show off what you can cook, and save some moulah!


So what do you need to do?
1. Find a recipe you love or a way you love to eat and cook with asparagus - it doesn't need to be the main ingredient, but it needs to be in the dish.. and it doesn't need to be fancy either!
2. Make it or find the link
3. Photograph it and/or share the recipe
(it doesn't need to be-step-by-step photos!)
4. Post your link down there with the Linkytool down below
5. Get visited, and visit other people's recipes!


Print this post in friendly format

5 lovely comments:

Kirsty S said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Mmmm... lightly steamed and with a bit of butter melted on it. Or, for the ultimate lusciousness, hollandaise sauce. *sigh* But never, ever, ever the tinned stuff. I tried a piece once - soggy and no flavour and such an insult to the yumminess that is asparagus.

Lorraine @NotQuiteNigella on September 3, 2010 at 8:46 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Mmm craving asparagus at 8.11 in the morning is strange isn't it? :P

Di on September 3, 2010 at 9:20 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Look, asparagus is perfect the way it is. I'm inclined to nuke it for 30 seconds in microwave, after adding black pepper and parmesan.

Christie @ Fig and Cherry on September 3, 2010 at 10:34 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Yum, I love asparagus! There's some great recipes in this roundup :)

Peter G | Souvlaki For The Soul on September 3, 2010 at 11:38 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

As you can see I love the stuff...but I totally agree...it needs to be cooked in season. Thanks for featuring some of my recipes!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015