Wednesday, September 1

Swirl cookies - colour themed parties or support your team!



'Are they real?' asked my friend Kris when I offered one of these to her and her son.  'Um yes....' I responded hesistantly 'Yes, I know, they look like... playdough'.

But they are real and they are bright, but you don't need to make them that bright!  You could make them with any dough you like - chocolate and vanilla perhaps, chocolate and mint?  Yes, and yes,yes.   

The reason these are bright?  Well first of all in my defence, I have used Queens natural colours.  Secondly they were made pink and blue from some leftover cookie dough I had when I made some lovely twinnies I know some birthday biscuits.  I needed to use it up and these are easy.  I have frozen some of the biscuits too.

So if you're having a colour-themed party and perhaps making something to take to a grand final final party, take some biscuits to show which team you support!

I have used this recipe for sugar cookies but use any roll out dough recipe you like.  Divide and colour as you wish.

Method:
Layout your two (or three if you like!) pieces of dough and roll them to a similar size/thickness.

Make up some eggwash with 1 egg yolk mixed with 1 tablespoon of milk and brush one of the layers.  Lay the other layer on top and then roll it flat on top.  This adheres the layers together.


Cut a slice off the top of the layer, and then lay it on it's side and make a coil.  Place on greased trays until cooked through.


Tell me:  Which colours or flavours would you like to try?

Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

CREATIVE DISORGANIZATION on September 1, 2010 at 9:19 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

wow...very cool. I got a cookie press after your blog about them...can't wait to try it out...I have also revamped my blog...yours looked so cheery...I wanted something that reflected me...thanks for the inspiration.

Christie @ Fig and Cherry on September 1, 2010 at 11:40 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

This is really cool! Would like to see red and white ones.

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

oh, again, you really are reading my mind...first the oreo recipe, now this one! I'll definitely try this one too. I'm organising a school reunion in October and wanted to make something in our old school colours which were red and white. This looks perfect! Thanks again for your wonderful posts. Lorri


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015