Friday, September 17

A bit of my week in pictures...


Haven't been cooking much this week have I?  I have been missing it a LOT. But I have been a busy busy Lissy-bee along with the Frills.  Lots to update you on in this post!

Tuesday:
We rose before dawn to film a segment for Today Tonight at Ikea at Homebush.  We were there to participate in the 'Ikea Family Challenge' and you can tune in next Monday or Tuesday night to see how we did!  We are the blue team.

I'll be the sweaty ugly mess on the screen in the t-shirt-bib.... my hubby is the one who likes to talk himself up... yes I'll tell you about that later!  If you've ever been to Ikea at Homebush I challenge you to think about running through it all looking for 'stuff'.  But I'm going to tell you - it was SO MUCH FUN and the people from both Today Tonight and Ikea were honestly so wonderfully nice, and we with the other families had a brilliant time!

Yesterday:
I took the little frills along to Surry Hills library to see the author of the current 'book of the moment' (you know the one you have to read every night ... we're onto our second month of this book, I kid you not!) There was singing and dancing, colouring and the signing of our books!   I'll have more news about that one next Monday for you and a little treat too!



Today:
My eldest frill and first baby girl had her first ever dance performance with school.  I have been making the possum tails for some weeks so it's great to see them on the kids.  Eloise absolutely came alive on stage and I was beside myself with pride and exhilaration for her.  My Nan was there - she's seen her share of performances - Eloise waved to her when she walked off the stage, it was so sweet!!

She performed a dance about Possum Magic, the Mem Fox book - to the tune of 'Land Downunder' by Men of Work.  Hubby is with her now at the evening performance - she can't wait to show her Daddy.  Awww.


The other kindy class did Wizard of Oz - and look at these costumes!! One mother made ALL of them.  There were 4 SETS OF EACH OUTFIT (i.e. 16 costumes) PLUS two witches.  Better up my game from the ol' possum tails next year huh? lol.

How was your week?
Print this post in friendly format

7 lovely comments:

Cat on September 17, 2010 at 9:11 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

What a wonderful week in your world! The costumes are fab and hey, a possum tail is nothing to sneeze at! Snaps to you. x

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on September 17, 2010 at 9:27 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I can't wait for the TT segment! And I've always said the girls belong on the stage!

Corrie on September 18, 2010 at 8:32 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

oh my gosh how exciting to be on tv! woohoo can't wait to see you guys on there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how cute are the possum tails and your big miss but wow to the other woman and all those costumes! how on earth did she do it all! I almost don't want to tell the school I sew when Keira starts next year!

gorgeous pics of all your girls as usual :)

corrie;)

Debra on September 20, 2010 at 8:49 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Ahh. Children recitals. So sweet. :)

Kelly on September 20, 2010 at 9:10 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

What a wonderful weekend, the possum tail costume is awesome!

Becky on September 20, 2010 at 7:05 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

What a wonderful week! I cannot imagine rushing around IKEA looking for things - I would never find a thing! I love IKEA :)

Photography on September 21, 2010 at 1:51 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Great post - love the last pic they are real stars! Look just like they stepped out of the movie :) Love the blue knitted (?) dresses - just gorgeous!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015