Sunday, September 12

Sunday Baking Project -best m&m cookies, promise!


When it comes to a choc-chip cookie or likewise an m&m cookie, I'm quite discerning.  Crumbly biscuits need not apply.  I like my cookie to be chewy yet a little bit soft.  Something I taste rather than crunch.

These ones are just so darned easy.  They turn out right every.single.time.

When I see m&m's on special I always buy them, for these cookies, yet sometimes they don't make it to the mixing bowl..... do you do that?

You could easily substitute with your favourte chocolate chips too.


Ingredients:
170g butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk, extra
2 cups self raising flour.
200g packet, M&M's

Method:
Preheat oven to 190 degrees c

Add melted butter, both sugars and 1 egg together in a mixing bowl.  Beat until it because smooth.

Add 1 cup of the self raising sugar and then the remaining egg yolk.  Add the rest of the flour and mix well.

Stir in the m&m's by hand (ok, maybe with a spoon or spatula).
 Roll into greased baking tray in small balls, press down slightly.  Bake for about 10 minutes.  They will spread.

Bake for 10 minutes.

Let cool on trays for about 10 minutes when done, then transfer to cooling rack to completely cool.

Print this post in friendly format

8 lovely comments:

Steph@LittlePotBelly on September 12, 2010 at 9:22 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I too like them chewy but that's because I don't like getting crummies all over the floor. Thanks for sharing your trusty recipe, I'll have to give it a go soon seeing I have so much chocolate bits in my cupboard!

Mishelle on September 12, 2010 at 10:22 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!! Looks like I am making cookies tomorrow!!

Yummy!!!

M

Super Sarah on September 12, 2010 at 11:11 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I have 3/4s of a packet of peppermint m&ms in the cupboard that I really don't need to eat. I think these cookies but do me a service using them up! Of course then I need to be brave and not eat all the cookies!

Corrie on September 12, 2010 at 6:42 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

so making these this week! yummo! I love m&m cookies and only buy them so this is definitely going to be one to be made!

corrie:)

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys on September 13, 2010 at 4:02 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

mmmmm , carry on !

Corrie on September 17, 2010 at 12:29 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

very popular at playgroup this morning!

thanks for the recipe! was up at 5.30am making them just to make sure they were fresh for everyone!!!

corrie:)

Shilo Says on September 19, 2010 at 3:56 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I am usually a shocking cookie chef! But I just made these and what a fantastic recipe! Thanks so much, I will be passing this on to everyone I know and it will definiately be a family favorite for years to come :)

ClaireyHewitt on May 19, 2011 at 5:12 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

You know I am not much of a chef, but today the girls and I gave these a try, I didn't have enough SR so used half wholemeal flour too.

It made so many that after the first two trays I also added diced up prunes to the receipe.

They are being eaten before they hit the container.

Thank you for sharing a foolproof receipe for me!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015