Tuesday, September 28

Vege patch update as promised!


You must all be in shock at the moment yes?   I've been so remiss in the gardening posts of late and now it seems I'm bombarding you!

As I was saying the other day, we planned on spending at least some of Sunday in the garden, and it was half true, meaning hubby did and I didn't.  I cooked and baked.  I did do a small harvest though and take some pictures.

This is the view walking into the opera house (our vege garden structure) you can see the cabbage front right, brussel sprouts on the right.  Next to the brussel sprouts we've planted some tomatoes (truss, beefsteak and roma) and next to those is our massive lot of celery!

Up the back on the left is the leeks growing very well, the the very left are the chilli plants and beyond that is the parsley and the bay tree.

Look at our garlic and onions!  These are up the back right hand side.  They are happy as clams there - and the nasturtiums are bright and yellow!  We have nasturtiums bordering the garden, not only are they pretty, and edible but they repel the slugs and snails.I'm training them along the chicken wire which borders the garden.


Our continental parsley had to be cut right back, but still it's huge!  Tabbouleh anyone? 
 

I had to harvest a whole lot of celery, there's A LOT.  
 

I made pretty bouquets for my friend whose baby shower on the weekend - and one for the hostess of the shower too - some celery with nasturtiums (you can eat them in salad you know) and some continental parsley..


Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

SadieandLance on September 28, 2010 at 2:27 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I love your garden updates! They get me all excited about my garden. Did it cost much to build your Opera House? I need something for my garden but don't want to spend too much as we're renting. But I have to do something as the possums love spinach here and I'm pretty sure we're going to get chickens soon!

Liss on September 28, 2010 at 6:59 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Hey Sadie!
It cost less than $40 from memory!!

Here's the details of how and how much! xx

http://www.frillsinthehills.com/2009/10/we-have-opera-house-in-our-garden.html

Meagan on September 28, 2010 at 11:38 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Liss, it looks amazing! And yummy :)
It reminds me we need to net our fruit trees soon..


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015