Wednesday, January 13

Hi-ho-hi-ho



It's off school shoe shopping we go!

We're off this morning to buy Eloise's school shoes... the one thing I had to wait to buy as I wanted to be sure she didn't grow a size or two (don't laugh, her father's used to in the span of months when he was a kid!) after I'd bought them.

They're pretty expensive item (around the $100 mark) but I suppose when you think they wear them around 200 days of the year, that's 50c a wear isn't it?  Oh unless they wear sneakers for sport, well anyway, you get he picture.

I just don't understand how people with 3 or 4 kids afford this year-in-year-out?  You get over the expense of Christmas, and then it's straight into school uniform, shoes, supplies and fees.  They weren't kidding when they said kids are expensive.

Think I'm going to open another bank account and start squirreling money away for 'school expenses'.  Is that what everyone else does?
Print this post in friendly format

2 lovely comments:

Jade on January 13, 2010 at 6:32 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Gosh. I can see I'm going to have to give up my shoe obsession when I have kids :-)

Katy on January 14, 2010 at 2:02 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Back to blog reading!! I put money away in an account. And my SIL (with 4 children) swears by the factory outlets. We have a couple up here at Erina and Tuggerah with Clarks shoes that she says are good (when she comes up to visit). But she thinks it's a much better investment than buying each child 3 pairs of cheaper shoes through the year!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015