Friday, January 8

Fast Food on a Friday: Snazzy Sausage Rolls




Love, love love these.  Never buy them from a bakery now as I think mine taste one million percent better. (cocky huh?) but I'm not alone, I'm pretty sure my family is with me on that one.

It's a great recipe to knock up on a lazy afternoon or for a cold days' lunch, but you can also make them into mini sausage rolls for entertaining or serve them cold for school lunches.

Seriously.  Try them!

Ingredients (makes 8 medium sausage rolls or 32 mini sausage rolls)
500 grams beef sausage mince (or just skin sausages if you have some!)
1 medium carrot, grated
1 small potato, grated
10cm leek, finely diced
1 slice grainy bread, grated
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 tb tomato sauce
pepper
1 egg
2 sheets frozen puff pastry

(egg wash or milk to brush rolls with)


Method:
Take puff pastry out of freezer and allow to defrost whilst preparation takes place
Preheat oven to 200 degrees c

Mix all above ingredients except the puff pastry - with a fork and make sure well combined


Place onto pastry about 3cm from edge in logs of about 3cm circumference allowing some estra at the ends  that you can chop off to ensure meat goes all the way through.



Roll edge of pastry onto log and then roll until completely covering meat with a 1cm overlap.  Cut, place with overlap underneath on greased tray.


Prick with fork to allow venting and brush with egg wash or milk


Bake for 30-35 minutes until completely cooked and browned on top.
Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

Kylie G on January 8, 2010 at 7:27 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I've been totally uninterested in cooking lately, but this one caught my attention. I love the extra veggies in it. I'll give it a go, thanks.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on January 9, 2010 at 10:17 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Yum! I do love a godo sausage roll. I've made my own in the past but want to try making one using homemade puff pastry as I love homemade puff! :D

Juzmatt on July 11, 2011 at 8:14 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

making these tonight, at first i didnt think they were going to turn out so well but ive snuck a peek in the oven and they look oh so good!!!!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015