Sunday, January 10

Sunday Baking Project: Quick Chocolate Brownies



I have a confession.  I like brownies on their own.  I do.  But I don't see the point in making them unless you're going to have them with icecream.  And these my friends - are PERFECT mashed into blue ribbon vanilla.  If you're daring, swirl through some peanut butter too.   Just don't blame me for ruining your diet because it is THAT good.  It is.

No mixer required, in fact it turns out better if you don't use a mixer at all.


Ingredients:
1/2 cup plain flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1 cup white sugar
1/4 tsp baking powder
125 grams butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 large eggs
1 cup chopped walnuts



Method:

Preheat oven to 180 degrees c

Sift flour, cocoa and baking powder into a medium sized mixing bowl



Melt butter in a saucepan and mix the sugar in until fully melted/combined


Pour the butter/sugar mix into the dry ingredients and mix with wooden spoon until all combined.  Add eggs, walnuts, vanilla and stir until totally combined.


Pour into tin/pan greased and lined with baking paper, bake for 30-40 minutes until top is crunchy.


Leave to cool for 20-30 minutes and then cut into desired squares.
Dust with icing sugar and store in airtight container for up to 5 days (I put mine in the fridge or freezer, they last longer)




Print this post in friendly format

2 lovely comments:

Kylie G on January 10, 2010 at 4:22 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I agree - brownies MUST be served with ice cream, and all the better when mixed in. Mmmmmmm.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on January 11, 2010 at 1:55 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Hmmm I eat them as it is! I must try them with ice cream now ...


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015