Wednesday, January 20

Are you cooking for Australia Day?



Do you usually have a picnic, visit friends or have a BBQ? Go to the beach perhaps? Or do you sleep in or work on either having a hangover or nursing one?

We usually host a BBQ - this year we will again - looking forward to it.  As some of my readers are actually coming I won't spoil the surprise about what I'm serving but... I'd love to know what you are or what you love to eat on Australia Day!

If you are cooking, why not blog it and submit it to the Make it from Scratch Carnival - I will then feature it next Tuesday when I host the carnival here!
Print this post in friendly format

6 lovely comments:

Shell on January 20, 2010 at 1:53 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

aaaaaw I want to know.... oh that's right I already do :P LOL

Leila on January 20, 2010 at 4:03 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I already had an Australia Day event over here.

I baked;
Pies
Sausage rolls
Vegemite & cheese scrolls
Hot beef gravy rolls
Vanilla slice
Passionfruit slice
Mini Pavlova's with passionfruit cream & berries
Anzac biscuits.

I'm doing a blog post about it soon.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on January 20, 2010 at 6:07 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Haha well you know I'm coming with bells on and I can't wait! :) I'm not sure what I'm bringing but I hope it's going to be good!

Anita on January 20, 2010 at 9:43 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I'm off to a friend's for a BBQ lunch. I'm thinking of bringing some sort of caramel slice along... or maybe the daring bakers challenge.. :)

Katy on January 21, 2010 at 11:02 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

We keep inviting people over for a BBQ, but everyone has declined! So we're just going to make simple steak and salad sandwiches.

ginchyworld on January 27, 2010 at 8:42 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I made some Anzac bikkies to take to work. The response was 'They're just like a flapjack'. BAH, I say, Anzac bikkies are way better than flapjacks!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015