Sunday, October 11

Happy first birthday Dougall!


It's the newest and youngest addition to our familys' birthday today.  Our puppy-dog Dougall.   At first I was a little nervous about having a dog - the extra work, the extra emotion... but in hindsight a major highlight of this year.  Dougall is a fully-fledged member of our family and we all love him dearly.  He's really *my* dog as I suppose all those early months I was the one who was house-training, feeding and reassuring him.  He won't go to bed until I'm in bed, and when I go out solo (very rare) he frets for me to come home.


He's affectionate and extremely tolerant, three little girls although they do adore him, can be pretty rough too!  We got him at 6 months of age, which is exactly 6 months ago from Monika's rescues (www.doggierescue.com.au).  If you are after a puppy, or dog - I would highly recommend!  There are sadly, many there.

Dougall was rescued by Monika from Blacktown Pound along with his two brothers at 16 weeks of age... they had been there for three weeks when she got them.  He had terrible worms apparently, but were attended to by Monika's vets, desexed and microchipped when we got him 10 weeks later.
Print this post in friendly format

2 lovely comments:

Lilli on October 11, 2009 at 6:02 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Happy Birthday Dougall! I love your pics *swoon*

Love Lilli xx

greenfumb on October 11, 2009 at 11:18 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

He looks so cute and his name really suits him.

Happy Birthday Dougall


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015