Friday, October 2

FrillyFrugalFriday: Back to basics



We've been too busy to do our farmrun with hubby being away and loads of social commitments, but you know, it hasn't spelt disaster.  The thing about having so much freezer space is that you collect things. I call them UFO's (Unidentified Freezer objects). 

So I've been forced to relieve our freezer of all these UFOs.
It's great for the wallet!
I's great opportunity to save any wastage..
I can clean out my freezer and create more room.. for more freezer meals.

This week I spent:
9.00 at fruitmarket on huge box of apples and pears and one whole cauliflower
45.06 at supermarket on bread, milk, dairy, bananas and grapes.

That's it! 54.06 to have us fully fed for the week - I'm going to see if I can stretch it over the weekend.

Another little win was 1kg of free mulberries from my grandmothers' garden.. which is now lovely jam!  All it cost me was $1.02 in sugar and .95c in pectin!  4 lovely jars of mulberry jam!
Print this post in friendly format

1 lovely comments:

Danielle on October 2, 2009 at 10:39 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

The mulberrys wouldnt have made it to jam at my place.....but there would be one happy person with a very sore belly!!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015