Saturday, October 17

My guilty pleasure...



Challenge 21 at Blog This asks:
Tell us about your your guilty pleasure, why you love it so much, where, when, how and what!


All those mummies out there who are doing it tough, either shut the window or take heart.

My guilty pleasure is sleep.

I can finally say that on *most* nights, my girls sleep through.  And most nights if they do wake up, my hubby usually attends to them, because I'm in such a deep slumber.  But it wasn't always like this, I promise.  In fact, our first child Eloise was a dream baby.  When she started to sleep through at 9 weeks old, I thought it might be a reaction from her two-month vaccinations.  Not so, she was just a perfect sleeper.  I remember saying to my hubby 'this is not usual you know, we're really lucky. Our next baby is going to be nightmare you realise'.

What telling words they were.

We had two babies that didn't sleep well.  Well I'll correct that, two babies that didn't sleep well and a Mummy beside herself with worry in case one of her babies didn't breathe through the night.  Olivia had reflux, and Laura had Apnoea.  Brilliant huh? We were lucky if we were getting two or three hours a night for like, about 9 months!  Then we got used to sleeping on about 4-5 hours for the next year and finally about 6-7 hours until they were about two-and a half.

We were on Four Corners because we were such typical examples of sleep-deprived parents! (We're on at about 10min10sec mark, my the girls were so little!)

These days I sleep for about 8 hours - I could sleep longer if I went to bed earlier.

So I suppose I've got a big debt at the sleep bank, I'm just getting what's owed to me... I do feel guilty sometimes though, I shouldn't!
Print this post in friendly format

4 lovely comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

My guilty pleasure is surfing the net...... spent way too much on it. Doing it again at this very moment. Feeling guilty... should have spent more family time with hubby and kid. >_<

TheThingsIdTellYou on October 18, 2009 at 1:49 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I've not slept more than 3 consecutive hours in 3 years now. I have such a sleep debt building that my mental health is at stake.

Enjoy those sleeps. Joel and I are waiting for our turn, in which we will savour every single one of them.

And by the time he (our second) is a teen, wanting to sleep all day, some major payback is in order....insert evil laugh here.

Chantelle {fat mum slim} on October 19, 2009 at 6:13 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I couldn't find you on the Four Corners clip at 10:10. I wondered if I was watching the wrong one?

I am owed about a year of sleep, I think. We had a very hard first 15 months. She still isn't perfect, but because we went through such a tough time, when she wakes 3-4 times a night we think it's bliss. :)

Chatterbox on October 19, 2009 at 9:43 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Fantastic picture!
That's good, things are shaping up well at your end. I hope you get plenty of good sleep hours to catch up on the losses of the past.

Cheers!!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015