Monday, October 26

Mondayitis Cooking : Oven Baked Risotto



I've loved this recipe since I learned of it at Lorraines' Blog Not Quite Nigella.  Hers is a cheese risotto and it's yummy, don't get me wrong, but you must know by now I love to tweak!  So I have many variations as I encourage you to also, it's fun!  The great thing about this is not only is it cheaty -  but it's also a bit of a 'set and forget'... about 5 mins in preparation at most and it's perfect to set up, bath kids or have a shower etc. and then it's ready when you're done.  We've eaten this for a warm lunch on cool days. I've even jaffled leftovers too!


Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups arborio rice
3 cups vegetable or chicken stock
1 cup pasta sauce of choice
or
1 cup filleted/diced tomatoes with 1 crushed garlic clove, 4 chopped basil leaves 1 small sprig oregano leaves, 1 tb tomato paste and 1/2 cup red wine.

3/4 cup shredded/grated tasty cheese
1/2 cup shredded/grated mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan/grada pardano cheese

Good lashing of Pepper


Method:
Preheat oven to 200 degrees c
Add all ingredients into a oven proof dish






Cover with aluminium foil, and bake for 40minutes.
Take foil off, give it a stir, and then put it back in the oven without foil for a further 5 minutes.


Serve!

Here's Lorraine's original recipe...
Print this post in friendly format

7 lovely comments:

Shell on October 26, 2009 at 1:18 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh I love a good set and leave meal!

Katy on October 26, 2009 at 1:36 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Yum yum!

nellbe on October 27, 2009 at 9:06 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Great recipe Liss.. I am so trying this, its my kinda recipe!

nellbe on November 3, 2009 at 7:35 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Liss - I did make this and it was very yummy, thanks so much!

Kylie G on September 6, 2010 at 12:54 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I was just thinking of doing an oven baked risotto for dinner tonight. This version looks Yum. thanks.

Corinne (aka Rinny of Arabia) on September 6, 2010 at 5:31 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Liss, I was completely uninspired for dinner until I saw this! Guess what we're having tonight.... it's in the oven as I type. Even got the girls to help me put it together.

Thanks!

jacky jan on July 5, 2011 at 7:09 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Good post thanks


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015