Thursday, October 8

Reality Bites: Did we learn anything people?


Masterchef Australia


I enjoyed this episode much more this week, and I saw things that inspired me to cook.  To me, that's important!  Kathleens' leche flan looked amazing, and I must MUST make it.  I will be hunting down that recipe, I'll tell you that for nuttin'!  Peter was entertaining, as I knew he would be!  Bless, he's just adorable in a rogue-ish manly way (a bit like my hubby truth be told!)  Michelle exposed me to a new spice, which now of course I must hunt down - all in all an enjoyable episode.


The Apprentice Australia


The attack of the killer breakfast cereals... Oh dear lord, I'm starting to wonder.
Can they do a double eviction next week? PLEASE  Carmen and Sabrina.  Or maybe just put them both in a jelly-pit perhaps?  That will get ratings right?  The boys stategy of 'love will lead the way' came undone this week and I enjoyed watching their cages get rattled in the boardroom.  I love Mark Bouris and I do love his approach but I'm also wondering how much is scripting and how much is rating strategy?  I'll be watching next week regardless!

Tabatha's Salon TakeOver


Holy dooooooly.  What a freaking NIGHTMARE.  I hope Tabatha is raking in a lotta bucks because seriously these people are hard work!!  Stacey... concentration camp?  Seriously?  I gasped when she said that suspected that all staff would be made into lampshades!!  Dear me!!

Rachel Zoe

D.I.E.  and it's not how Zoe means it.  She's so painful at times, really.  I'm starting to understand Taylors' mood swings, and Brad, well I just love Brad.  He's the real star of the show for me... so camp, he just needs a brownie outfit!  I must say it is interesting to see how the outfits come together and recall the stars' wearing them on the red carpet.  I remember loving Anne Hathaway's dress on the day, so to see it come together was pretty cool.  How amazing would it be to go to Cartier and just choose anything? Wow.

The Fashion Show


I know they want designers from all different backgrounds and aesthetics, but I think it's a bit too mixed up.  I'm not feeling any favourites, okay, maybe one or two (Daniella, Anna, James-Paul and Reco)  but I'm feeling more non-favourites which I think is why maybe this show is getting an all-round cool reception?  Despite the winter coats, there's just too much back-biting.  It makes it a bit bitter, rather than exciting and inspiring to see someones' talent come to life.  Good thing I love Isaac.
Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on October 8, 2009 at 10:12 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I'm addicted to The Apprentice although I don't know why they keep repeating episodes of it? Sabrina...hmmm there's something a bit strange about that girl! I thought the boys had it in the bag as the elephant was much cuter but you couldn't get a more stiff and boring preso!

Claire on October 8, 2009 at 11:08 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Here you go... http://www.masterchef.com.au/3494.htm

PinkPatentMaryJanes on October 8, 2009 at 11:23 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh, that flan! Must go on the site to check out the recipe. Loved Peter too - but would have been happy with any of the three going through.
I've also been watching the fashion show, and, like you have no favourites (apart from Isaac!)
And you already know how I feel about Brad. Sigh.
Poor Tabatha - who are these horrible people and why won't they listen to her!?!
So much to love on telly at the moment


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015