Friday, October 9

Fast Food at home on a Friday: My yummy hamburgers



I've been lucky that I've never really had to *hide* vegetables into my kids' food but this being a hamburger and all, I like to inject some healthy-ness to it all, whilst making it taste absolutely delicious.

With my hamburgers I also get to enjoy my pickled beetroot and home-made BBQ relish, which I promise, next time I make, I will share with you all!

The hamburger patties are also good if you have some leftover, on their own cold or even with some  tomato onion gravy as rissoles. If you have little ones who don't like veges - this could be your ticket to get some into them.


Ingredients: (makes 6 hamburgers and 8 patties - 2 extra)

Rissoles/Patties:
1 large onion, finely diced
1 medium carrot, grated
1 medium zucchini grated
1 clove garlic, minced or finely diced
500grams lean beef mince
2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
1 tb tomato sauce
1 tb bbq sauce
1 egg
some fresh parsley, finely diced
lashings of pepper


Hamburger
6 soft bread rolls, toasted
butter
4 large leaves lettuce, cut into ribbons
2 large tomatoes, sliced
fresh sliced cheddar cheese


Onions
Red or brown onions (what ever you have, I used left over 1/2's of both)
1 tb olive oil
1 tb balsamic vinegar


Method
 Preheat oven to 150 degrees c


In a frypan with a tb olive oil, fry your onion, carrot and zucchini, cook until soft, so to eliminate the moistness of the zucchini, add garlic and stir through, turn off the heat and set aside.

 Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, combine mince, breadcrumbs, sauces, egg, pepper and parsley, combine well and then add the carrot/onion/zucchini mix.




Roll into patties, and fry in batches in a frypan with olive oil.  Transfer patties when cooked to baking tray and warm in oven whilst continuing to cook the rest of the patties.

Set up your 'making station' with butter, sauces, pickles, cheese, tomato and lettuce.

Chop onions and when last patties have gone into the oven, start toasting the hamburger buns

Put the onions on the frypan, with olive oil.  When softened, add balsamic vinegar and toss regularly. When caramellised, turn off heat


If you like bacon or egg or pineapple with your hamburger, fry them now.

Assemble hamburgers, and serve
Print this post in friendly format

1 lovely comments:

nellbe on November 3, 2009 at 12:14 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Looks very easy to make, I am adding this to my menu plan :)


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015