Thursday, October 8

I'm so committed...



You know the other night (Tuesday) when I had my migrane I was INSISTENT I not miss the Margaret Fulton: Our Food Journey on Lifestyle TV.  I grew up reading Margaret Fulton cookbooks, my Mum had them, my Nan had them, and now I even have a few, but I want more now.

It was a wonderful show, and those who don't have foxtel and love food, find a friend with foxtel and go and watch it at their place... or hopefully it will be released on DVD.  It interviewed some amazingly inspiring food icons of our time - Stephanie Alexander, Cheong Liew, Christine Manfield and I fell in love with Damien Pignolet. and interestingly, they shared some of their influences and favourite cookbooks... and now I have a whole new list of cookbooks that I must not only buy, but inhale.  I'm committed.  I now want to learn more about french cooking.

Check out more about the show here
Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

reality raver on October 8, 2009 at 4:50 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I have it taped on Fox IQ I am really looking forward to watching it now.

PinkPatentMaryJanes on October 8, 2009 at 5:34 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Dammit - this is why I need Foxtel IQ. I missed it!! Although, I could barely watch Margaret on MasterChef through my tears, she looked and sounded just like my Nana who died a few years ago and who I miss every day.

Will now track down the repeat. They show Gwynneth in Spain every three seconds, surely this'll get a repeat screening!

Shell on October 9, 2009 at 10:54 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I don't have Foxtel and love food... feel like a visitor? :P


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015