Thursday, August 6

You know what? Life's pretty good.


Like most people, life gets the better of you at times and you find yourself 'dealing' with something - the kids' latest issue, the lack of time in the day, the lack of money, motivation, sleep - whatever - and just sometimes a number of these things collide and you're on the whole feeling a bit negative. Frustrated.

I've been one of those people of late, probably the last month or two - (I'm sure it has to do with the weather!) I was starting to feel suffocated with negativity.  But you know what? Life's pretty good.

I am pretty healthy
I have three beautiful, healthy children
My husband loves me and is so supportive, I am so lucky.
I have family in my life.  It means a lot.
We have good friends, and although I don't have as much time for them as I would like - they understand.
We live in a wonderful country, and wonderful city - we are so fortunate to live in a democratic society with such abundant beauty and opportunity.
I'm loving our local community. 
I interact with so many intelligent women on a daily basis.  Ones that challenge me, inspire me, amuse me. GET ME.

Is life pretty good for you too?
Print this post in friendly format

6 lovely comments:

Chantelle {fat mum slim} on August 6, 2009 at 8:12 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

It is pretty easy to get bogged down in the negativity.

I'm tired. I don't have enough money...

It takes an effort to look on the bright side. It's something I really try to do each day. I know it's all up to me.

I have a lovely life. I know I do. I chose to appreciate it, and be thankful for it all. Because you never what might happen. x

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on August 6, 2009 at 8:39 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Absolutely right! Life is great and it often takes someone or something to remind you of how lucky one is and how good things really are :)

this jen day on August 6, 2009 at 10:32 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

So true. It's such a seemingly simple thing - to reflect on the good stuff - even just for a minute a day. My mum taught me to do this every day, and it's more of a habit than anything (my own pollyanna glad game) but I think it's why I am genuinely happy. Sure, some things get you down now and then, but there's always something to feel grateful for.

FRANNIE on August 6, 2009 at 10:48 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Chin up!

That has always been my motto, because no matter how green the grass looks in someone else's life your grass looks greener to them. :)

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

you are so, so right...
It is so easy to get lost in the "whoah is me...my life is terrible", when it is anything but.
I recently lost someone very close it really does make you stop and appreciate life for it can be so fleeting.
Glad you are feeling better x

Katy on August 7, 2009 at 9:07 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I hear you, and you're right, it's good to sit down and think how good we DO have it.

I seriously think S.A.D. is a real thing!!! I'm over Winter, and it's been a rough one too.

xo


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015