Saturday, August 22

Lemon and Ginger Baked Cheesecake


Maybe I have lemon and ginger in the brain because I've got a cold? No idea but I went to make a baked cheesecake from a recipe my friend Di gave me, but alas, I didn't have enough cream cheese.. so I found another recipe but it seemed a bit bland. I'd bought some gingernut biscuits today (on sale for $1.49 a packet!) and mused how yummy they would be in the base. I also have the gigantic lemons to use... so there's the concept people. What I had!

Ingredients:
8 Arnotts Gingernut biscuits
8 Arnotts Nice biscuits
100grams butter, melted
250grams cream cheese (I used light)
zest of one large or two small lemons
1 tb lemon juice
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup milk
2 eggs
Plus:
2 tb ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
2 tb white sugar
Method:
Preheat oven to 150deg c
Crush biscuits in plastic ziplock bag or whizz through food processor until they resemble small crumbs
put in bowl, add melted butter and mix, then press into greased small springform tin.

In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until it whips into a light smooth texture, slowly add one at a time, beating in between the lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, milk, vanilla essence and ginger, then eggs, one by one.. ensure mixutre is smooth.

Turn mixture out on top of base and put into the oven for 25-30 minutes until it sets...

Combine in a bowl the sourcream, vanilla, sugar, ginger and cinnamon in a bowl. Spread on top of cake and put back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes until set again.

Refrigerate for 5 hours before serving.
Print this post in friendly format

0 lovely comments:


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015