Monday, August 17

When a five year old decides she wants a fringe....


Eloise decided it was time for a fringe today - unsupervised and with kitchen shears no less! She is SO sneaky I feel like I can't even go to the toilet! She snuck the shears outside, hid under a tree and chopped. Luckily she didn't do a bad job - but I didn't want her to have a fringe! Argh!

The hmmm.. maybe Mummy's cranky pose:
I think it's a rite of passage thing - developmental - my sister cut her hair around the same age - except she cut close to the scalp and on top of her hair - so she had a mini-mohawk.... nervous breakdown stuff.

So this is the result - even after my scalding about using scissors, the possibility of poking ones' eye out - her sisters possibly copying her and the sneaking - she was quite proud of her efforts and I had to usher her out of the bathroom several times whilst she brushed her hair and admired herself.

Man... it's only Monday!!
Not the worst-case-scenario

Print this post in friendly format

6 lovely comments:

Alycia on August 17, 2009 at 9:16 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Did you fix it at all?
It's pretty cute... I think she looks very "little girl"!

stepforddreams on August 17, 2009 at 11:00 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Ha ha yes definitely a rite of passage, I think she did a lovely job she is so cute with her fringe!

Vicki on August 18, 2009 at 12:03 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh come on she might be sneaky but how good a job did she do!

Raelene on August 18, 2009 at 12:18 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I'm actually jealous that she's made it to 5 before giving herself a haircut! We've had 3 serious efforts here plus a few half hearted attempts!

And I hate to say it, but yes, she has done a good job

Kylie G on August 18, 2009 at 7:43 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

This will be a story you'll tell for her whole life - I cut my fringe right in the middle up to my scalp (not quite the mohawk effect though) the week of my third birthday party. Mum was not impressed.

I still love hearing about it and seeing the pictures though.

Cathie on August 20, 2009 at 10:05 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I'm not a fan of fringes either, but you must admit she did a pretty good job...and still has all her face intact. it is definitely a story to be told for years to come.


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015