Thursday, August 13

RealityBites: This smacks of 'exit the token fat girl'



Am I possibly the only person watching Stylista?
Or are you all watching it and bowing your head in shame like me?

Well some quick background to this show if you're not watching it, don't have foxtel or you're pretending you don't watch it is: Devil Wears Prada cross The Apprentice. It's set at Elle Magazine New York and a whole bunch of self-obsessed biatches and gay-boys battle it out to see who can snaffle an Elle Magazine Editorial Internship with salary and appartment in New York.

It's produced by Tyra Banks.

Cut to this week and there's 6 contestants:

Megan - superbiatch
Ashlie (why can't these people spell their own names?) - nemesis of superbiatch
Danielle - token overweight girl
DyShaun - (yes another who I think made up his name) camp eye-rolling poodle
Johanna - devious but in a smart way (I hope she wins!)
Kate - crybaby with 20 fingers (well it seems so as she's always pointing them!)

Danielle got booted this week and I'm not saying she was a fashion/design genius by any stretch but I do think Kate or DyShaun should have gone.. and hey I don't always agree with what happens on these shows but it seemed to me they were letting go of the fat girl.. and to make it look less like that Anne (Elle editor) goes totally OTT about how fantastic she has been ra-ra-ra. Ergh. Is this just me? (watch from around 7 mins)



Print this post in friendly format

4 lovely comments:

Unknown on August 13, 2009 at 4:42 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Had a sneak peak. It looked very me so decided I couldn't afford to get sucked into another reality show until I can tape them all and spend one whole day catching up. Becoming a lounge lizard.

Chantelle {fat mum slim} on August 13, 2009 at 7:22 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

What channel? What time? I'm in!

Liss on August 13, 2009 at 7:27 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

It's on Arena, 7.30pm Thursdays 'Telle - right before Project Runway xx

Anita on August 13, 2009 at 8:20 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I've been watching but I don't think I've seen this episode yet... it's on tonight right? I hope it's being recorded! lol


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015