Sunday, August 23

Board Game or Bored Game?


I have so many board games. I love them, but haven't played them really since having the kids - more because it was a dinner party type tradition - haven't had much opprotunity for that but I think this summer could change that!

What do you have and what do you love? What would you like or does the idea of a board game bore you to death?

So - what have we got:
Scrabble - Deluxe with lazy-susan-like board that spins
Monopoly - Standard English + Aussie Version
Trivial Pursuit - Genius Edition (might have to get the junior one down the track right?)
Baulderdash - I love this!!
Trivial Pursuit - last time I played this I had a specific party at my old house - got a whiteboard from work - loads of cocktails - good times.
Trouble - great game to play when you're downing shots! (oh and the kids will 'get' the real game so a good one I think)
Guess Who? - a recent addition from Eloises' birthday party..
Print this post in friendly format

7 lovely comments:

greenfumb on August 23, 2009 at 7:43 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I used to love TP, Scrabble and Monopoly but somehow we never play anymore. At Christmas we always play a music game that has a DVD and a board but I can't remember the name of it and a movie one called Scene It. We should really turn the TV off one night a week and play with the girls before they leave home.

Anon on August 23, 2009 at 8:42 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I used to love Scattergories!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on August 23, 2009 at 1:53 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I love board games but those around me aren't as taken by them. My favourite is the Temptation board game-the buzzer is broken though! :(

Nisha on August 23, 2009 at 9:10 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

We are so tragic! We have a weekly Trivial Pursuit/Taboo/Pictionary show down, with another couple we are really good friends with. We get all 4 kids fed, bathed and settled in bed before the game starts- interruptions are a no-no!

Kylie G on August 24, 2009 at 7:28 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I own two three board games - scrabble, trivial pursuit and jenga. None of them are ones I particularly enjoy playing, so they sit getting dusty on the shelf. Childhood favs are yahtzee, monopoly and cluedo.

Hayley Bash on August 24, 2009 at 11:15 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I love board games! Only played balderdash once but I really loved it!! how do you play trouble with shots???

Liss on August 24, 2009 at 11:20 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Hayley, you know if you land on someone's piece they have to start again with that piece? It's at that point, the person whose piece it belongs to - has to down a shot. It's funny because everyone at one point targets that person and they have to take shot-after-shot pmsl!!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015